Anything worth pursuing?

Amyb

I found these in a quarry in Madison Wi. There were quite a few of these with different shapes and configurations of what look like bones to me. These were from a smallish pile at the bottom of the deepest part of the quarry and I would guess that are from lower down in the earth. I apologize if I am not using the proper language as I am very new to this.

i have seen some sea bed rock from a different quarry, that has loads of shells, mollusks, and snails in them. This rock looks very different from the sea bed pieces I have. Are these bones? Is it chert? I was with two other people or I would have pulled every piece I could find off the piles to see if anything could be puzzled together, as these and the others were all in one area of the pile.

If the pictures could be more helpful in different light etc, I will happily retake some.

Thanks for any insight into them.

972C9BE9-13D6-4674-BA1E-90CA7BBB04CD.jpeg

Edited by Amyb
Terrible texting

Oh dear. One at a time will be very painful. I guess I will see what anyone says about the one rock and post other pictures only if needed.

F3D6DA13-34B6-46D0-AC3F-FA19555E1533.jpeg

It looks like chert to me but photos can be deceiving. Let's let a few others chime in. There's something interesting going on on the left side in the last photo but I can't make out anything clearly.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

It also looks like chert to me.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg