Central Texas Cretaceous Gastropods ID help please

JamieLynn

First, I finally found an "intact" specimen of this gastropod that I find lots and lots of little chunks of. It's very different than any of the gastropods you usually find in Central Texas. I'd only found the broken sections until just yesterday. As you can see, the whorls are not attached to each other and you can see clear down the center! The only remotely matching ID I can find is in the HGMS book is  for Siliquaria with only one partial specimen found in the Glen Rose formation in Comal County.  I found this in Hays County which is about 15 miles north of Comal but I think the formation I found this in is Walnut (I am not at all positive about that, but some of my other finds from there lead me to believe it is) but most of the area is Glen Rose.  I also know it is almost impossible to ID someting like this which is just a steinkern, but if anyone has any information, I'd greatly appreciate it. 

Second is another series of Gastros that I have now found three of, in different areas of Glen Rose and I think I have it postively ID'd as Turbo cuyleri. Anyone able to confirm my ID? Thanks for any help!! 

5d9252462bd92_FreemanRanch-Copy.thumb.JPG.42cea874399d6645715ce0490095ecd2.JPG

DSCN4448.thumb.JPG.91ba18de6db24213da1552bc457dd091.JPG

DSCN4444.thumb.JPG.61af6e9e7c29b719956fb3dfd1c0de48.JPG

5d925267dbc68_GastropodTurbocuyleri(1).thumb.JPG.979c00590de34fac8541718f56ec3859.JPG

Hi, you can check that site : https://www.txfossils.com/gastropods

It looks like a Nerinea.

The others looks like Tylostoma.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

thanks, I am familiar with that website and while the specimen is similar to a nerinia, I'm 99% sure it is something differnt. I have collected many nerinia and this is very different.  Same with the Tylostomoa ID....they have higher spires than these...these are very flat and very different than Tylos. Again, I have collected many tylos and these are quite different. Thank you for yout input, however! 

• I found this Informative 2

Certainly not Nerinea as you know. The only similarity is the high narrow spire. Nerinea have rather odd cross sections.

I have many of those low spired specimens as well, both from the Glen Rose and Walnut formations. I have never found a species I was comfortable with. I believe they are either Turbo or Gyrodes but keep hoping to find a reference that will help me pin them down.  

It is my opinion that there are many undescribed species and possibly genera amongst our Cretaceous gastropods here in Texas. There are also probably species or genera that have stratigraphic ranges beyond what is published. 

• I found this Informative 2