Sharks teeth (Ukraine)?

Kolya

The age of the sediments in the area is really necessary to get positive IDs.  I suspect Paleogene

#2 looks like Striatolamia sp.

#3 is a Charcharhinus, but I hesitate to try and speciate unless we have an age.  Could be C. pricus or C. brachyurus, for instance.

#4 Orectolobiform?

• I found this Informative 1

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

George Santayana

Agree with hemipristis

#1 Broken tooth...….Don't know, possible edge of a Hemipristis

#2 Striatolamia

#3 Carcharhinus

#4 Possibly a very worn Squantina/Angel Shark?

21 minutes ago, Kolya said:

Thanks!

Could it be the first tooth is Otodus sp.?

The tooth is missing too much to conclusively tell. The tooth shard looks too straight to be from hemipristis. I believe the best contender is either one of the megatooth sharks or a great white. Was this tooth found near the same location as the tiger shark tooth from one of your previous posts? That tooth was either G. aduncus or G. cuvier. If both teeth are the same age, I would guess that tooth #1 came from one of the later megatooth sharks (C. angustidens, C. chubutensis, C. megalodon) or the great white (C. carcharias).

My thought was that the serrations didn't go with Otodus.  I also thought about a piece of Great White, but I figured the serrations would be a little more pointed.

I was looking at multiple pictures of zoomed in teeth with serrations on line.  Careful with the Hemi though, you can get "pieces" that appear straight.

Praefectus is right though.  Location would tell more.

hemi.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

16 minutes ago, Searcher78 said:

My thought was that the serrations didn't go with Otodus.  I also thought about a piece of Great White, but I figured the serrations would be a little more pointed.

I was looking at multiple pictures of zoomed in teeth with serrations on line.  Careful with the Hemi though, you can get "pieces" that appear straight.

Praefectus is right though.  Location would tell more.

Yeah, the serrations are a bit ragged for one of the later megatooth sharks. If I knew nothing about the location, I would have said Moroccan C. sokolovi. I'm not familiar with the age of fossils from Lviv, Ukraine. I know there was an Oligocene/Miocene tiger shark tooth found near Lviv, but I do not know if it was from the same formation as tooth #1. The tooth could be from an early Angy that has ragged serrations. 

I didn't think this was hemipristis because I don't see either the curve along the crown of the tooth or the upwards curve that gives hemis their thick 3D look. It could be from a lower tooth, but even those have some curvature too. 

68877585_2160534937391951_1489800885486226167_n.jpg.f8512f6af124c1a50f9db5a106822a0a.jpg

Thanks to All!!!

All my photos in this firum are from the sane place. There are definitely fossil from Neogene, Miocene an most probably from Creataceus...

I found one similar part of tooth before:

May be its the same species?
Also I have third part of tooth like these two.

Small pieces of teeth like those would be difficult if not impossible to ID. If small pieces like those can be identified, then I would love to learn how.