Flying to the US for digging (HC) and visting museums

Abstraktum

Or drive to Lusk, WY for a really good small town 4th of July fireworks show.  Lusk is about two hours from Raid and may be on your way to WY.  I lik

On 11/3/2019 at 6:05 AM, Coco said:

Tate Museum in WY with @JPC

Coco

Hey... that's a great idea.  Let me know if you plan to come by and I will show you around.  We have some pretty cool stuff and I can show you the prep lab and back rooms.  But I just saw the second half of your postings... about being around here on the 4th of July.  I might be in Europe at that time.  

17 minutes ago, jpc said:

Hey... that's a great idea.  Let me know if you plan to come by and I will show you around.  We have some pretty cool stuff and I can show you the prep lab and back rooms.  But I just saw the second half of your postings... about being around here on the 4th of July.  I might be in Europe at that time.  

That would be beautiful. Thx for that offer :)

According to my plan I would be on Saturday 11th of July at Tate Museum. Let's just see what will happen. It is still 9 months. :)

6 hours ago, Abstraktum said:

That would be beautiful. Thx for that offer :)

According to my plan I would be on Saturday 11th of July at Tate Museum. Let's just see what will happen. It is still 9 months. :)

Yes.  

On 11/3/2019 at 8:39 AM, rfarrar said:

There should be fireworks at Mt. Rushmore (about 25 miles from Rapid City) on or about 4 July  - something which hasn't happened for a few years.

I had been fortunate to go see fireworks at Mr. Rushmore before.  Unfortunately, you will need to get there ~12 hours in advance to get a spot because everyone has the same idea.

• I found this Informative 1

As the holiday celebrates the birth of the nation all government offices and banks will be closed.  You will need to check on local area museums to determine their holiday schedules.  The schedules should be posted on the facilities websites.  You should also check the website for the city/county you will be in on July 3, 4 & 5 as almost all communities have major festivities to celebrate the holiday spread out over the first week of July.

• I found this Informative 1

50 minutes ago, Runner64 said:

I had been fortunate to go see fireworks at Mr. Rushmore before.  Unfortunately, you will need to get there ~12 hours in advance to get a spot because everyone has the same idea.

Thx for that vital information. Now I know that I will definitely NOT be at Mt. Rushmore that day :rolleyes: 

Well I just hope Rapid City has some nice things planed during 4th of July. But I'm pritty sure I will get along there. ^_^ Hotel is already booked, so that's no problem.