Jump to content
Abstraktum

Flying to the US for digging (HC) and visting museums

Recommended Posts

jpc

Or drive to Lusk, WY for a really good small town 4th of July fireworks show.  Lusk is about two hours from Raid and may be on your way to WY.  I lik

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jpc
On 11/3/2019 at 6:05 AM, Coco said:

Tate Museum in WY with @JPC

 

Coco

Hey... that's a great idea.  Let me know if you plan to come by and I will show you around.  We have some pretty cool stuff and I can show you the prep lab and back rooms.  But I just saw the second half of your postings... about being around here on the 4th of July.  I might be in Europe at that time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Abstraktum
17 minutes ago, jpc said:

Hey... that's a great idea.  Let me know if you plan to come by and I will show you around.  We have some pretty cool stuff and I can show you the prep lab and back rooms.  But I just saw the second half of your postings... about being around here on the 4th of July.  I might be in Europe at that time.  

 

 

That would be beautiful. Thx for that offer :)

 

According to my plan I would be on Saturday 11th of July at Tate Museum. Let's just see what will happen. It is still 9 months. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jpc
6 hours ago, Abstraktum said:

 

 

That would be beautiful. Thx for that offer :)

 

According to my plan I would be on Saturday 11th of July at Tate Museum. Let's just see what will happen. It is still 9 months. :)

Yes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Runner64
On 11/3/2019 at 8:39 AM, rfarrar said:

There should be fireworks at Mt. Rushmore (about 25 miles from Rapid City) on or about 4 July  - something which hasn't happened for a few years.

I had been fortunate to go see fireworks at Mr. Rushmore before.  Unfortunately, you will need to get there ~12 hours in advance to get a spot because everyone has the same idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PODIGGER

As the holiday celebrates the birth of the nation all government offices and banks will be closed.  You will need to check on local area museums to determine their holiday schedules.  The schedules should be posted on the facilities websites.  You should also check the website for the city/county you will be in on July 3, 4 & 5 as almost all communities have major festivities to celebrate the holiday spread out over the first week of July.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Abstraktum
50 minutes ago, Runner64 said:

I had been fortunate to go see fireworks at Mr. Rushmore before.  Unfortunately, you will need to get there ~12 hours in advance to get a spot because everyone has the same idea.

 

Thx for that vital information. Now I know that I will definitely NOT be at Mt. Rushmore that day :rolleyes: 

Well I just hope Rapid City has some nice things planed during 4th of July. But I'm pritty sure I will get along there. ^_^ Hotel is already booked, so that's no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×