Fossil Garage Sale (10-5-19) 4TH Visit

Nimravis

IMG_0559.thumb.jpg.4200a1959a59e3ef1e63a17ca83dae8c.jpg

Nimravis

IMG_0560.thumb.jpg.87d82bb645492052f0de207fbf0b05cf.jpg

Malcolmt

Absolutely Unbelievable

FossilDAWG

The edrioasteroids with straight ambulacra and relative large plates, such as the one on the right in the first series of photos, are Cryptogoleus chapmani.  The edrios with large semicircular plates in the outer ring are a different species of Cryptogoleus, I'll have to check some papers to see which one.  As with the last flat, several specimens of Isorophusella incondita are present.  The large marginal plates are absent in Isorophusella, and the ambulacral arms are more strongly curved.

The crinoids are likely Arthrocantha carpenteri from the Silica Shale, or maybe Arkona.

I have to confess I am quite envious of the material you are gleaning from this "yard sale".  It would take many years to accumulate this from the field, and many of the sites are no longer open to collecting.  In fact, I would say a collector starting today would never be able to duplicate this collection.

Nimravis
22 minutes ago, FossilDAWG said:

The edrioasteroids with straight ambulacra and relative large plates, such as the one on the right in the first series of photos, are Cryptogoleus chapmani.  The edrios with large semicircular plates in the outer ring are a different species of Cryptogoleus, I'll have to check some papers to see which one.  As with the last flat, several specimens of Isorophusella incondita are present.  The large marginal plates are absent in Isorophusella, and the ambulacral arms are more strongly curved.

The crinoids are likely Arthrocantha carpenteri from the Silica Shale, or maybe Arkona.

I have to confess I am quite envious of the material you are gleaning from this "yard sale".  It would take many years to accumulate this from the field, and many of the sites are no longer open to collecting.  In fact, I would say a collector starting today would never be able to duplicate this collection.

Thanks for the info and Id’s- I also agree with you, these would take quite a while to collect if you could even get into the sites. The couple that collected these all of the items from my many different posts on this Garage Sale over the last couple of months, did so over the course of several decades. Thanks again.

Ludwigia

@Nimravis Sorry I can't help you with those ammos. They don't look like anything I'm familiar with. Maybe New Mexico? Try PFooley. Or France? Try Caterpillar.

DPS Ammonite

69F271E4-1834-42D8-BB06-C1E0D8BE63A0.jpeg

Probably Prionocyclus novimexicanus. They look similar to my Prionocyclus sp. avatar

and these: http://www.ammonoid.com/novimexicanusz.html

E2B35031-4086-4618-ABC1-769414005E98.jpeg.5dd521090cec1a4e46dae08da39cc70f.jpeg

Need better close up of these below:

6BAAC6CA-87D3-4C1A-ACAF-0811A8794BBA.jpeg.989262713c64bbc3c163e37580c89c1e.jpeg

They look sort if like Spenodiscus lenticularis is which has a narrow profile looking down at the keel.

Wrangellian

Unbelievable collection those people amassed, and going for fire sale prices. You don't come across a yard sale like that every day. :envy:

That phyllocarid is very interesting.

If you ever decide you've got too many edrioasteroids...  :rolleyes:

(I know it's useless but I had to say it!)

Nimravis
1 hour ago, DPS Ammonite said:

69F271E4-1834-42D8-BB06-C1E0D8BE63A0.jpeg

Probably Prionocyclus novimexicanus. They look similar to my Prionocyclus sp. avatar

and these: http://www.ammonoid.com/novimexicanusz.html

E2B35031-4086-4618-ABC1-769414005E98.jpeg.5dd521090cec1a4e46dae08da39cc70f.jpeg

Need better close up of these below:

6BAAC6CA-87D3-4C1A-ACAF-0811A8794BBA.jpeg.989262713c64bbc3c163e37580c89c1e.jpeg

They look sort if like Spenodiscus lenticularis is which hasnarrow profile looking down at the keel.

I will take better pictures today. Thanks much.

RJB

Boy o boy you really loaded up this time!   Sorry I cant be of much help with your fox hills south dakota stuff but some cool looking ammo material for sure.  Must have been one heck of a garage sale!!!

RB

Nimravis
31 minutes ago, RJB said:

Boy o boy you really loaded up this time!   Sorry I cant be of much help with your fox hills south dakota stuff but some cool looking ammo material for sure.  Must have been one heck of a garage sale!!!

RB

Thanks for checking.

PFOOLEY
15 hours ago, Nimravis said:

...I picked up this flat of ammonites and bivales from an unknown location for $20.00, if anyone knows a possible location please let me know @Ludwigia , @PFOOLEY ....

I would have snagged that flat as well. It looks like a Middle Turonian assemblage....Prionocyclus wyomingensis and company. As for location, I am not sure...you can find similar looking matrix with those critters all through the W.I.S. (I would guess SD or WY)

Nimravis
Just now, PFOOLEY said:

I would have snagged that flat as well. It looks like a Middle Turonian assemblage....Prionocyclus wyomingensis and company. As for location, I am not sure...you can find similar looking matrix with those critters all through the W.I.S. (I would guess SD or WY)

Thanks very much and I was glad to be there to get this flat.

Nimravis
7 hours ago, DPS Ammonite said:

They look sort if like Spenodiscus lenticularis is which has a narrow profile looking down at the keel.

I hope these pics are better.

6F3E69C5-FD22-405A-ABF3-16E591E421A0.thumb.jpeg.654b68aaf72f9e0bfe4e735658f76b84.jpegC13EDC00-3EED-4EDA-BCF7-9B503EF479BC.thumb.jpeg.d8913939bb180f8358b1484eeaa6a5eb.jpeg5DC79096-FF71-4242-8C3A-16CBFB79EAD5.thumb.jpeg.3e2acb970bce9583aa56a87fcb7437dc.jpeg9106BC14-3539-4664-8E80-77E8F93A576B.thumb.jpeg.1791a1f1bb4f79593251a773bfa66e93.jpeg

The Amateur Paleontologist

That's a really impressive haul Ralph - especially the phyllocarid!

Misha

Incredible stuff!

Wish stuff like this happened more often.

:envy:

Nimravis
22 minutes ago, Misha said:

Incredible stuff!

Wish stuff like this happened more often.

:envy:

I agree.

Mark Kmiecik

You're going to need rehab pretty soon. Nice haul. Whose collection is this? Some of it looks familiar as in "I saw that one in person and held it in my hand" familiar.