Stegonick23

Hello! Over the weekend I made some new labels for my fossil collection and I was wondering what everyone thought of them. I have QR codes which link to the corresponding "prehistoric-wildlife.com" species page for more info, and I added in some basic I.D. info to the cards to not crowd them. I also attached numbers to the labels and the fossils, so that I don't need to keep the labels directly next to the fossils. Would love to know what you think, and if anyone wants more information/the template I created. Thanks! :)

P.S. Two of my I.D.s I'm still not 100% on (deltadromeus and Pectinodon) and I don't want anyone to assume I've completely I.D.ed them. Thanks!

20191006_124257.jpg

20191006_124357.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

Well done. I always like to see a collection that is properly labelled. Love how you included the QR codes.

• I found this Informative 1

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

That display looks very nicely setup!

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

48 minutes ago, RuMert said:

QR codes are very smart for a private collection. Altogether looks classy

Definitely. Nicely done. All hail Nick!

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

Very nice and creative way to label such collection, you give me ideas on how I might label mine! I would agree with Andy that a properly labeled collection is always great to see.

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

So I looked back at my pictures and realized the I.D. Cards were a little small / hard to read, so I took a snip from my template. If anyone would like a copy of the template I created (word file), or a link to the card holders, I'm more than happy to provide. Thanks again!

Albertosaurus ID Card.PNG

38 minutes ago, Stegonick23 said:

So I looked back at my pictures and realized the I.D. Cards were a little small / hard to read, so I took a snip from my template. If anyone would like a copy of the template I created (word file), or a link to the card holders, I'm more than happy to provide. Thanks again!

Albertosaurus ID Card.PNG

Very nice labels!

2 minutes ago, Pixpaleosky said:

Nicely done but missing the discovery location ?

True, I thought of that after I finished so I think I'm going to add it to the back of the cards. Thanks for the suggestion! :)