Anyone going to Tucson Fossil Show 2020

jonnyquest

I hope someone takes a lot of pictures and post them for those who cant make it, like me.

Or better yet, if they live stream their Tucson trip......

• I found this Informative 1

15 hours ago, lexandc said:

I hope someone takes a lot of pictures and post them for those who cant make it, like me.

Yes,  someone please make a mini movie for us.

21 minutes ago, jonnyquest said:

Yes,  someone please make a mini movie for us.

A multi-episode documentary showing all the different days and events.

Major fossil venues shown below,  there are others: co-op, Moroccan tents etc

Jan 30 through Feb 16 22nd street show

Jan 31 through Feb 16 Pueblo inn..lot of dealers open earlier 

Feb 1 through Feb 15 Tucson City Center..lots of dealers outside ballroom open early

Lots of dealers especially at Pueblo close early

• I found this Informative 2

1 hour ago, Troodon said:

Major fossil venues shown below,  there are others: co-op, Moroccan tents etc

Jan 30 through Feb 16 22nd street show

Jan 31 through Feb 16 Pueblo inn..lot of dealers open earlier 

Feb 1 through Feb 15 Tucson City Center..lots of dealers outside ballroom open early

Lots of dealers especially at Pueblo close early

Do each of the venues have a different focus (e.g.  Moroccan fossils, jewelry, fish plates) or are all just random? Are there any major differences between the venues?

@Praefectus

Pueblo and Tucson CC are primarily fossils/minerals/meteorite but 22nd Street show is in a huge tent with lots of trinkets/junk and a few nice fossil dealers.

If you're interested..only change is that the Pueblo was the Ramada Inn

• I found this Informative 2

13 hours ago, Praefectus said:

A multi-episode documentary showing all the different days and events.

Oh yes please, give me that. 

11 hours ago, jpc said:

Probably not going, but just to clarify, it is the 2020 show not 2019-2020 as it happens all in Jan and Feb.  

Thanks, don't know why I put 19 in there. Can I edit topic?

2 hours ago, jonnyquest said:

Thanks, don't know why I put 19 in there. Can I edit topic?

Done.  :)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2019 at 9:30 PM, Troodon said:

I will post more info as we get closer to the show

Trodoon, it seems I'll be going there the last week (hopefully).... is there a place where you recommend to stay (meaning is there somewhere outside Tucson nice and cheaper)....thanks

36 minutes ago, lcordova said:

Trodoon, it seems I'll be going there the last week (hopefully).... is there a place where you recommend to stay (meaning is there somewhere outside Tucson nice and cheaper)....thanks

Unfortunately most of the hotels significantly raise their rates during the show.  I dont use any accommodations since I live in the area so I'm not a good one to offer advice.   Best bet is to scour the internet for hotels close to interstate 10 north toward Marana.  

42 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Unfortunately most of the hotels significantly raise their rates during the show.  I dont use any accommodations since I live in the area so I'm not a good one to offer advice.   Best bet is to scour the internet for hotels close to interstate 10 north toward Marana.  

Thanks!

I normally stay here:

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Tucson City Center, AZ
705 N Freeway, Tucson, AZ 85745

Prices are inflated significantly for the show but its a perfect location, directly next door to one of the major fossil shows.  Hotel is clean and breakfast is included.  Might already be sold out though... I reserved my room in August.

• 1 month later...

I hope to be able to go at least 1 day. Will miss most but get back to AZ around Feb 13th so maybe the 14th.

On 10/8/2019 at 10:20 PM, lexandc said:

There are signs all over the shows by dealers that don't allow photography of their booths or rooms.  Please understand photos and video made public by well-meaning show visitors are also providing footage for thieves to use.  Stuff gets stolen every year.

20 yrs ago, I went down spontaneously... i.e no hotel room.  Everything in Tucson was way overpriced or sold out or both.  I stayed for very cheap in Nogales.  Cheap trucker hotel might not be for everyone, but it is there, an hour south of Tucson.   There is also camping to found on Mt Lemmon.  (One M or two?) 

12 hours ago, siteseer said:

There are signs all over the shows by dealers that don't allow photography of their booths or rooms.  Please understand photos and video made public by well-meaning show visitors are also providing footage for thieves to use.  Stuff gets stolen every year.

Always important to ask before you take pictures. Most dealers are ok with it but there are a few who are not. 

Agree I've taken tons of photos to post here and for future reference but I ALWAYS ask if its acceptable.  Like HamptonsDoc said most are fine with it.