Winner of the September 2019 Invertebrate/Plant Fossil Of The Month

digit

A very cool and beautiful find! Congrats!

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

I am very late to this as I was out of range for a while, but I congratulate you on the beautiful fossil and the win! :)

12-2023TFFsig.png.193bff42034b9285e960cff49786ba4e.png

Thanks Gery! It is one of the best I've found up there, though it still annoys me that I could not recover the turret. I know it was there somewhere, and I tried to find it, but failed... again.

I wonder if it's a female, being bigger than this one I found in that same area a while back:

(this one obviously came without a turret)

Tz530 Glyptox(9) shr60pc.jpg

I somehow missed this awesome win!! :default_clap2:That is a killer ammonite!! Love those goofy shaped ones....makes you really wonder what the evolutionary advantage may have been :zzzzscratchchin:

• I found this Informative 1

From one heteromorph winner to another, congratulations Eric! ;)

:SlapHands: 

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Great fossil, Eric!

Congratulations on the win!

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

And they're still rolling in! :P

Thanks again, everyone... My first-ever FOTM entry was a trilobite the previous month, but it didn't win. You can't go wrong with a good heteromorph.

I know, they are weird - you'd think such a delicate shell as this would be a liability, compared to the more compact or streamlined planispiral types, but there it is.

Great ammonite @Wrangellian !

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

Thanks Fifi, I knew it had to be a good one knowing how infrequently I find them this complete.   :)

12 hours ago, Nimravis said:

Congrats Eric- very pretty 

Thanks Ralph.. the forms are amazing, but often not so well preserved (and it's never perfect). I often wonder how much better my stuff would look if I got them prepped...

2 hours ago, Wrangellian said:

Thanks Ralph.. the forms are amazing, but often not so well preserved (and it's never perfect). I often wonder how much better my stuff would look if I got them prepped...

I wonder that too, I have stuff put away that should be prepped but probably never will get done. You could bid on the Christmas auction that is offering a prep job :thumbsu:

If only I could afford it... There are other fossils that would have priority if I could, though.