Oligocene Galeorhinids

FossilsAnonymous

Hey all, 

If anyone has any Oligocene Galeorhinids may you please post a picture? Also is there any record of them in the calvert formation of md? I know that’s Miocene but just a question.

Thanks, FA

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

1 hour ago, FossilsAnonymous said:

Hey all, 

If anyone has any Oligocene Galeorhinids may you please post a picture? Also is there any record of them in the calvert formation of md? I know that’s Miocene but just a question.

Thanks, FA

Galeorhinus is found in the Old Church Formation in Virginia, the River Bend Formation in North Carolina and the Chandler Bridge in South Carolina. The picture is from a publication on sharks and rays from the Chandler Bridge Fm.

4B9BA390-CE40-4F81-AA7A-EBB73A95EE76.jpeg

• I found this Informative 4

21 hours ago, Al Dente said:

Galeorhinus is found in the Old Church Formation in Virginia, the River Bend Formation in North Carolina and the Chandler Bridge in South Carolina. The picture is from a publication on sharks and rays from the Chandler Bridge Fm.

4B9BA390-CE40-4F81-AA7A-EBB73A95EE76.jpeg

Perfect, thanks.

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

On 10/10/2019 at 3:01 PM, FossilsAnonymous said:

Hey all, 

Thanks, FA

Galeorhinus is also known from the Early Oligocene of the Mainz Basin, Germany (Reinecke et al., 2001).  Galeorhinus is a triakid (Family Triakidae).

Galeorhinus is not known from the Calvert.  Mustelus, another triakid, is known, but rare, from the Calvert.

Reinecke T., H. Stapf. & M. Raisch,  2001.

Die Selachier und Chimären des unteren Meeressandes und Schleichsandes im Mainzer Becken (Alzey- und Stadecken Formation, Rupelium, Unteres Oligozän).

Translation: Sharks and Chimaeras from the Lower Meeressandes and Schleichsandes in the Mainz Basin (Alzey and Stadecken Formation, Rupelian, lower Oligocene).

• I found this Informative 1

On 10/11/2019 at 8:05 PM, siteseer said:

Galeorhinus is also known from the Early Oligocene of the Mainz Basin, Germany (Reinecke et al., 2001).  Galeorhinus is a triakid (Family Triakidae).

Galeorhinus is not known from the Calvert.  Mustelus, another triakid, is known, but rare, from the Calvert.

Die Selachier und Chimären des unteren Meeressandes und Schleichsandes im Mainzer Becken (Alzey- und Stadecken Formation, Rupelium, Unteres Oligozän).

Translation: Sharks and Chimaeras from the Lower Meeressandes and Schleichsandes in the Mainz Basin (Alzey and Stadecken Formation, Rupelian, lower Oligocene).

I neglected to complete the reference:

Die Selachier und Chimären des unteren Meeressandes und Schleichsandes im Mainzer Becken (Alzey- und Stadecken Formation, Rupelium, Unteres Oligozän). Palaeontos 1.  Palaeo Publishing and Library vzw.  1-73.  Antwerp.