Swiss Ammonite ID needed

DatFossilBoy

Hey guys,

So a month ago I went on a hike at 3000m of altitude to this fossilferous site near Plaine-Morte, Switzerland.

There I found mostly ammonite fragments including : Sowerbiceras, Perisphinctes( Properisphinctes?), Deshayites and a few belemnites (Hibolites?)

I contacted a fossil expert on fossils and that knew a lot about fossils from Switzerland and he indicated me the genuses above as well as the age : Upper Jurassic, Oxfordian ( 163-157 mya )

I went back to the same site where I found this almost complete ammonite. I have no idea what it is and don’t really want to disturb this expert again since he is very busy.

Do you guys have any idea on what it could be??? It is very interesting indeed, one side is still covered In matrix.

Thank you for all imput and don’t hesitate to ask me for more info!

Kind regards.

C38F7ACB-41A1-4C1F-A48F-47F15F0CB0AB.jpeg

3DB5F3EF-C262-4F75-8856-3701248070ED.jpeg

For your information, Deshayites is a cretaceous ammonite whereby the other 2 species you named come from the early Oxfordian mariae zone. This makes determination rather difficult unless the id of Deshayites is a mistake. Were the ammonites loosely lying around at different spots or sites, or did you dig them all directly out of an exposure? Maybe @Caterpiller has an idea.

• I found this Informative 1

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

9 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

For your information, Deshayites is a cretaceous ammonite whereby the other 2 species you named come from the early Oxfordian mariae zone. This makes determination rather difficult unless the id of Deshayites is a mistake. Were the ammonites loosely lying around at different spots or sites, or did you dig them all directly out of an exposure? Maybe @Caterpiller has an idea.

Thank you for the imput! Thanks for correcting my mistake too. It must have been a mistake. I found the ammonites by directly picking them up from the ground they were loosely laying on.