Stumped on these two

PODIGGER

I am having a tough time coming up with what these two teeth are.  When I first pulled them out of the river I thought horse.  Then looking closer I began to question that assumption because of the hollowness seen in both.  Looking on line and through my Neophyte's Guide I then found a similar looking Sirenia molar.  But then I also found a Neohipparium Eurystyle unerupted lower molar that looked like a possibility.  Any help clarifying the ID on these would be appreciated.

thumbnail.jpeg

thumbnail-4.jpeg

thumbnail-1.jpeg

thumbnail-3.jpeg

Look like lower horse teeth to me as well. From the last image they appear to be unerupted teeth that have not seen any (or significant) wear on the occlusal surfaces. Possibly these teeth were still forming and that may contribute to some of the hollowness. I've certainly found some horse molars and emptied more sand than I thought possible from one of the hollow spaces in the root.

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 2

@Harry Pristis can speak much more authoritatively than my more limited experience with horse teeth from Florida but they are within my concept of the specimens I've found. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

The one on the left appears to me to be a deciduous horse tooth without cementum, while the second appears to be a newly-erupted deciduous tooth still covered with cementum.

horse_deciduous.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest