2019 Secret Santa Exchange Festival of Fossils

caldigger

How many women participate to that secret santa ?

I've made my counts : 6

Edited by fifbrindacier

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

Woohoo I received my box this week and recognise the adress(I think:)) and it feels heavy so I can’t wait to open it:)

15 minutes ago, will stevenson said:

Woohoo I received my box this week and recognise the adress(I think:)) and it feels heavy so I can’t wait to open it:)

Now, young man you must not be hasty. You must wait until Christmas day or you will be put on Santa's naughty list for next year!:P

• I found this Informative 1

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

52 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

Now, young man you must not be hasty. You must wait until Christmas day or you will be put on Santa's naughty list for next year!:P

Oh no I must be very careful not to accidentally open it^_^

1 hour ago, will stevenson said:

Oh no I must be very careful not to accidentally open it^_^

You know you opened it, be honest. :rolleyes:

• I found this Informative 2

Ralph, surely our friend Will, would not do such a dastardly deed as open a gift early. He seems like such an honest young man with strong morals.:D

• I found this Informative 3

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

5 hours ago, Darktooth said:

He seems like such an honest young man with strong morals.:D

LLLLLL  There, I just gave him some... more "L"s   :default_rofl:

38 minutes ago, caldigger said:

LLLLLL  There, I just gave him some... more "L"s   :default_rofl:

:heartylaugh:

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

Ok .. the final transport is away  !!  .. whew. Took a bit longer since we were in finals last week. No bueno.

giphy.gif

The exhaustion .. it takes me now ....

I did give a "heads up" notice in September and sign ups were open for two weeks mid October.  Sorry you missed it, you're not the only one.

Keep the time schedule in the back of your mind for next year. 

11 hours ago, caldigger said:

Woo hoo!  The postal departments are coming through this year.

Haha ... Wellll  .. I hope so. I placed my customs form down on the USPS desk on Monday and she squinted at the description and gave me a good ..............

"Ooooooooohhh man, this is a red flag right here, that description is accurate, but they have so many restrictions for this country.  I'm not sure it's gonna make it. Are you ready to lose everything in this parcel ? " Tapping it lightly as she said so ...

I looked at her cool-y ... "Let it ride maim" 

Ok, it was something to that effect .. but I got some twisted signs on that parcel.  :fingerscrossed: Let's hope I didn't just jinx it.

B

PS. I did send it with Geologic Samples for Education Purposes only etc. and haven't had a problem in the past.  But. She almost. Gave me the willies.

19 minutes ago, Brett Breakin' Rocks said:

Ooooooooohhh man, this is a red flag right here, that description is accurate, but they have so many restrictions for this country.

Really?!  I didn't think Antarctica would have much in the way of restrictions at all.

Oops!  I may have given away who you're sending it to. :default_rofl:

I don't think you have anything to worry about Brett. I have sent many packages to that country without any problems using the same description you have in the customs form.

You just have a panicky postal agent.

• I found this Informative 4

19 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

Yay! My parcel just arrived!

I think yours was coming from Antarctica,  hope you enjoy your box of ice cubes!  :heartylaugh:

4 minutes ago, caldigger said:

I think yours was coming from Antarctica,  hope you enjoy your box of ice cubes!  :heartylaugh:

I think that already melted, since the parcel was somewhat damp, but now I'm hoping for some pengiun bones :)

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

In a moment of deep introspection, snolly wrestles with deeply entrenched feelings of greed and acquisitiveness. "Secret Santa, indeed," he mutters!  

grinch.jpg.370438a39a59ec818dbfaaa1656229aa.jpg

Then from the recesses of snolly's cold, dark heart there creeps a memory. A package, for him, paper and ribbon, all surrounding a box. In the box is a strange "book". It opens, not revealing pages; but roll after roll of Life Savers candy. A bounty never before seen by snolly! Warmed by the unexpected memory, snolly grabs a shipping box and throws in this and that. Sealing the box with snollytape, he rushes it to the Post Office. There the cheerful Postal Gnome announces; "be there Friday." snolly finds an uncharacteristic grin plastered across his snollyface and his cold, dark heart feels warmer; having remembered, that giving is the greatest gift one can receive.

lifesavers.jpg.e1f9ebea1dbf898fa3e62a2fa9b89632.jpg  

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

4 minutes ago, snolly50 said:

giving is the greatest gift one can receive.

1 minute ago, Randyw said:

Well said sir!:thumbsu:

Hmmmm. 

I'm pretty sure the quote is, "Brachiopods are the greatest gift one can receive."

Or should that be "cheese" ? 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

I remember those books!

51 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Hmmmm. 

I'm pretty sure the quote is, "Brachiopods are the greatest gift one can receive."

Or should that be "cheese" ? 

How about a "cheesy" brachiopod?!

16 minutes ago, Randyw said:

Oooo the perfect gift for tidgy’s dad! A cheese shaped like a brachiopod!

Or shaped like a turtle .... ? ... Ooo .. that's a hard one.