2019 Secret Santa Exchange Festival of Fossils

caldigger

All this stuff about naughty and nice is just a myth (although snolly did get sticks and pine cones in his stocking one year). The proof - snolly received a package this PM that he believes is from a Secret Santa. So, if snolly can get a gift, even the ultra-naughty are eligible! That is, unless the shipping box contains sticks and pine cones?!?!?

• I found this Informative 2

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

1 minute ago, snolly50 said:

All this stuff about naughty and nice is just a myth (although snolly did get sticks and pine cones in his stocking one year). The proof - snolly received a package this PM that he believes is from a Secret Santa. So, if snolly can get a gift, even the ultra-naughty are eligible! That is, unless the shipping box contains sticks and pine cones?!?!?

Unless it's from the UK in which case it would be ashes and orange peel. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Mmm, ashes and orange peel in a bowl with a bit of fermented Yak milk and a drizzle of pine pitch just sounds so delicious!  :drool:

• I found this Informative 1

Mmmmm. Now I need a snack!:drool:. Am I the only one who saw the sticks and pine cone comment and thought pet wood and fossilized pine cones....

Just waiting on the last package going to Monica for the international players and still haven't heard from...

@Misha

@kirkjeremiah23

@thelivingdead531

@Macrophyseter

@fishguy

@PaleoNoel

For the domestic shippers, whether you have gotten your Santa package as of yet. :shrug:

Please let me know! 

@caldigger

Unfortunately, schoolwork has gotten in my way and I have not gotten the opportunity to ship my package out yet. I'm aiming to get it shipped out this week! ;)

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

5 hours ago, Macrophyseter said:

@caldigger

Unfortunately, schoolwork has gotten in my way and I have not gotten the opportunity to ship my package out yet. I'm aiming to get it shipped out this week! ;)

Please do ASAP!!!! 

You have had since October 29th to do it. :(

The burning question on each Forum denizen's mind - "Did snolly possess the strength of character, the abject maturity, the worldly sophistication, to avoid opening his Secret Santa gift before Christmas?" 

Hmmmm...well...strong packing box with a securely taped opening...the snollywife not present to administer baleful glare...impulse control of a toddler...suffice to say...

"One, two! One, two! and through and through

The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!"

-- Lewis Carroll 

Mine! All mine! Muahahaha!

• I found this Informative 3

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Sooooo I think my secret Santa package is talking to me, it keeps saying open me.... that naughty list is looking so welcoming hahaha

1 minute ago, MeisTravis said:

Sooooo I think my secret Santa package is talking to me, it keeps saying open me.... that naughty list is looking so welcoming hahaha

One of us! One of us!

29 minutes ago, MeisTravis said:

Don't do it Travis! 

Don't be swayed by the Darkside!  Use the Force.

Yes. 

Anyway, I think it's more rebellious and unusual to actually be on the Good List. 

The naughty list seems rather de rigueur and mundane.;)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

1 minute ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Yes. 

Anyway, I think it's more rebellious and unusual to actually be on the Good List. 

The naughty list seems rather de rigueur and mundane.;)

You and I are not comforting and staying true to our convictions. My gift is unopened and will be until Christmas Day. :SlapHands:

Just now, Bobby Rico said:

You and I are not comforting and staying true to our convictions. My gift is unopened and will be until Christmas Day. :SlapHands:

Mine too. 

Admittedly mainly because wifey has hidden it, but mine stays unopened til then. :P

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

1 minute ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Mine too. 

Admittedly mainly because wifey has hidden it, but mine stays unopened til then. :P

There's no saying "wifey" hasn't taken a peek! :heartylaugh:

1 minute ago, caldigger said:

There's no saying "wifey" hasn't taken a peek! :heartylaugh:

Hmmmm. 

There's a thought. 

Perhaps Tidgy should be given custody of the parcel. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

1 hour ago, Bobby Rico said:

Us naughty listers have convictions too (at least until our records are expunged).

23 minutes ago, Fossilis Willis said:

Us naughty listers have convictions too (at least until our records are expunged).

Your avatar pic looks like a pot of Marmite.:D

image.jpeg.bafcbfc925efc07468727b20ea9f349e.jpeg

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

20 hours ago, caldigger said:

Just waiting on the last package going to Monica for the international players and still haven't heard from...

@Misha

@kirkjeremiah23

@thelivingdead531

@Macrophyseter

@fishguy

@PaleoNoel

For the domestic shippers, whether you have gotten your Santa package as of yet. :shrug:

Please let me know! 

I sent my package out on the 3rd. Haven't yet received one though.

32 minutes ago, PaleoNoel said:

I sent my package out on the 3rd. Haven't yet received one though.

Yours went out the same day, it should be to you before the week is over.