2019 Secret Santa Exchange Festival of Fossils

caldigger

Hi all 

I just thought I throw it out there , it is this time of year again and it is has come around quickly. It has been a very difficult year for us all and many of us still really miss Doren . My question is anyone going to take Doren’s roll in organising the Secret Santa. I did not take part last year and I don’t feel I can step into Doren’s shoes with my dyslexia difficulties . Secret Santa has been very successful in the past and many members have made friends thought the SS trades.  If it Is to much trouble we could take it up next year instead, Any thoughts ?  All the best Bobby 

• I found this Informative 3

23 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Hi all 

I just thought I throw it out there , it is this time of year again and it is has come around quickly. It has been a very difficult year for us all and many of us still really miss Doren . My question is anyone going to take Doren’s roll in organising the Secret Santa. I did not take part last year and I don’t feel I can step into Doren’s shoes with my dyslexia difficulties . Secret Santa has been very successful in the past and many members have made friends thought the SS trades.  If it Is to much trouble we could take it up next year instead, Any thoughts ?  All the best Bobby 

Bobby, a few members tossed it around a while back and it was brought back up recently. Currently we were waiting  for a response  from another member. 

• I found this Informative 2

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

4 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

Bobby, a few members tossed it around a while back and it was brought back up recently. Currently we were waiting  for a response  from another member. 

Ok that’s fine thanks for letting me know. I did think this thread was a good place to have this conversation. I hope you’re well my friend, Bobby 

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Ok that’s fine thanks for letting me know. I did think this thread was a good place to have this conversation. I hope you’re well my friend, Bobby 

You are Welcome Bobby! And yes I am doing fine. Hopefully I will have a yes, or no, answer for you soon, for SS.

• Enjoyed 1

Very sad to hear of the loss of Doren.....I found out only a couple weeks ago by chance on a forum post. He got my Moroccan collection off the ground with a host of different trilobites including 2 drotops. Doren told me he had lot of specimens and would love to trade and didn’t care what I sent..(I was like what?? First hint of his kindness to come).  I was taken back by his generosity. He send it all to me so fast (8+ trilobites) I wasn’t even done setting up my trade for him. He was so generous I went and added more before I shipped. I couldn’t imagine my puny New York fossils were worth what he traded. It seemed like he got a real joy in the act of kindness and I think my excitement was worth more to him than the fossils I sent...

I would love to participate in SS if it takes places. Doren sure left his mark here he will he missed. :SadSmile:

• I found this Informative 4

5 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

Hi all 

We're working at it, it will come back soon.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

4 hours ago, fifbrindacier said:

We're working at it, it will come back soon.

That’s great and sorry I did not realise you all had already discussed  this . All the best Bobby 

• Enjoyed 1

It will be back in some form or another this year and will begin soon. 

Doren is irreplaceable, of course, but others will do their best to replicate his success with this and cobble together some sort of event, partly in his memory. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

A real extravaganza:yay-smiley-1::Laughter:

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

In memory of Doren

51 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

It will be back in some form or another this year and will begin soon. 

Doren is irreplaceable, of course, but others will do their best to replicate his success with this and cobble together some sort of event, partly in his memory. 

Thanks Adam I am sure we will make him proud and send some amazing fossil as gifts to each other. We can only strive to be as kindhearted as Doren was. If there is anything I can do please let me know. Cheers Bobby 

5 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Thanks Adam I am sure we will make him proud and send some amazing fossil as gifts to each other. We can only strive to be as kindhearted as Doren was. If there is anything I can do please let me know. Cheers Bobby 

It's sooo kind of you Bob, we appreciate your offer.

This Secret Santa will be really special : because of that damned COVID things will be less easy, postal costs have increased and some of us might have loose their jobs, and because we all miss sooooooooo muuuuuuuch our beloved Doren.

In memory of Doren

6 minutes ago, fifbrindacier said:

It's sooo kind of you Bob, we appreciate your offer.

This Secret Santa will be really special : because of that damned COVID things will be less easy, postal costs have increased and some of us might have loose their jobs, and because we all miss sooooooooo muuuuuuuch our beloved Doren.

I understand If it helped we could send just a card and one fossil wrapped up of course to our recipients. This may keep costs down with postage. As long as the gift is a keeper. :thumbsu:

1 minute ago, Bobby Rico said:

I understand If it helped we could send just a card and one fossil wrapped up of course to our recipients. This may keep costs down with postage. As long as the gift is a keeper. :thumbsu:

:SlapHands:

In memory of Doren

42 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

And if it is not a keeper, we will just send it right back, mixed in a pile of unfossilized mammal poo.

This is a warning to all.

:default_rofl:

1 minute ago, Darktooth said:

And if it is not a keeper, we will just send it right back, mixed in a pile of unfossilized mammal poo.

This is a warning to all.

:default_rofl:

Wow ok thanks, we heard it here first from the NY militia . :D

• Enjoyed 1

Alright, I'm going to regret this because I know how few brain cells I have, but I can't watch such a big gap go unfilled. I'll do it. If someone else is interested, maybe we can split things up between us.

I refuse to give up my childish wonder at the world.

13 minutes ago, I_gotta_rock said:

Alright, I'm going to regret this because I know how few brain cells I have, but I can't watch such a big gap go unfilled. I'll do it. If someone else is interested, maybe we can split things up between us.

We Thank-you for your enthusiasm! Please see Topic- 2020 Secret Santa Extravaganza 

• Thank You 1