Jump to content

hokietech96

Recommended Posts

Hi. These three where found in St. Pete’s Florida on the beach. Is it possible the first one in top is a small great white?  The serrations on both sides is causing me to think that. The middle tooth I think is hammerhead? based on the research I did. The bottom tooth I believe is sandbar based on how thin the root is and the length of the blade?  Any feedback would be much appreciated.  I’m still trying my best to ID these as accurately as possible. Thank you in advance!

 

 

35A98F02-B09A-4B50-806C-CBB7E8D5F458.thumb.jpeg.0d75dfb8c24f4e232c1ecd22762c3974.jpegE7728DFB-03F7-4943-B6BC-6696E8400980.thumb.jpeg.db2793fe4ac9143e63a028b6f830bae3.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Great White as they usually are a straight triangle. 

Yours has a slight curve on one side. 

Bull or Dusky shark? 

 

Wait for more knowledgeable people, though. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

I don't think Great White as they usually are a straight triangle. 

Yours has a slight curve on one side. 

Bull or Dusky shark? 

 

Wait for more knowledgeable people, though. 

 

I see what your saying.  That stupid little slant on the left. I have 800+ teeth from FL and swear half of them are Bull or Dusky Haha.  Thanks you for taking a look.  Do you think I am at least right on the other 2?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hokietech96 said:

I see what your saying.  That stupid little slant on the left. I have 800+ teeth from FL and swear half of them are Bull or Dusky Haha.  Thanks you for taking a look.  Do you think I am at least right on the other 2?

Unfortunately, I am not enough of a shark tooth person to say.  :blush:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I'm wrong, but I wouldn't go with Hammerhead for the second one.  All the teeth I have seen for Hammerhead have a slight indentation on the outer curve of the tooth.

hammerhead-sharktooth-identification.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Searcher78 said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I wouldn't go with Hammerhead for the second one.  All the teeth I have seen for Hammerhead have a slight indentation on the outer curve of the tooth.

hammerhead-sharktooth-identification.jpg

I see the indention you are talking about.  Plus the groove is not as prominent as the one in the picture.  Thanks for the feedback.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, The Jersey Devil said:

They’re all Carcharhinus sp.

As always,  Thank you for taking a look and the feedback.  I

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...