Ben&Jess

My wife found this the other day we have not seen one ever with markings down the sides of the tooth, any idea what species??

image.jpg

So, Ben, is it just me or is it a fact that Jess always seems to find the most interesting stuff?  :D

Sorry, I can't help with the ID, though.

Lol yes she definitely has the eye and seems to be in the right place at the right time. But it doesn’t go without saying I taught her how to fossil hunt. Yet I seem to be on the short end of all these great finds. As the same goes when I take her fishing she always kicks my tail. But I can not complain what a great wife she is and loves the outdoors and not afraid to get her hands dirty

So, you love the same things and are copacetic, how fortunate for the both of you.  Embrace each other and don't let go.  Advise from a lucky guy with a loving wife who just celebrated our 51st anniversary of wedded bliss - 10 wonderful years together.  And I let her decide which 10. :heartylaugh:

The crown appears quite robust and triangular, and I believe I see some evidence of a tooth neck/bourlette; IMO it is likely a megalodon or another Carcharocles species depending on the locality.

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png