Is This Genuine

Postman4u

Why this has been a wonderful experience, too bad there is people out there that do this kind of thing. I've ran into this quite a bit it really stinks.  Thank you for your responses

Generally speaking if the price is too good to be true it probably is. Are these specimens you’ve been posting fairly cheap, like in the sub $100 price point? A real specimen like this would be more like $1000(depending on quality)

• I found this Informative 1

2 minutes ago, Bguild said:

Generally speaking if the price is too good to be true it probably is. Are these specimens you’ve been posting fairly cheap, like in the sub $100 price point? A real specimen like this would be more like $1000(depending on quality)

It is good to know the the market value but I would not use this as an indication of a specimens been fake. Best way forward is to do some home work on the specimen and post here with your questions . Also take with a pinch of salt the sellers description.  it is an fake.

I agree with Bobby that price point is not a guarantee. There are enough "petrified t-rex embryos" listed in the five figures that can attest to where this falls down. :D 

That being said, given the amount of careful, meticulous, professional preparation required for genuine Moroccan trilobites, be prepared to pay a premium. A quality bug (itself taking a good deal of time for diggers to find) can easily take 100 or more hours of preparation given the difficulties of the matrix, spines, etc. If you multiply labour hours in digging + prep by a fair wage, you'll find even premium specimens underpriced (if not still fairly pricey).

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

I also agree Kane. Sometimes sellers also have no clue of what they are selling and look at other listings for information (copy paste). I seen fakes at high prices. How about this last year I purchased edmontosaurus replica toe bone for £12 . When I saw the listing I thought it looked real. It arrived and I looked at it and it was perfect specimen and quite beautiful. Surprisingly not a replica but genuine . I email the lady and asked her why she sold it as a replica and she said because she did not know if it was real and did not want any problem or comeback . I ended up helping her sale the rest of her collection for what it was worth.  In my opinion the best defence against making mistakes and losing money on fakes is knowledge .

• I found this Informative 2