Is This Genuine

Postman4u

Yep, fake. There are multiple giveaways, but when you see those crazy etching marks all around the specimen from “preparation” it’s a giant red flag. With rare, expensive spiny trilobites you typically wouldn’t find such a hasty looking prep job.

• I found this Informative 1

Also, if the seller posts an out-of-focus photo so you have trouble making out the details that would tell you if its real or fake, then he's probably trying to hide something from you.

• I found this Informative 1

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

OK, I can see this is most likely fake, so how much can I sell this this for or is there any market for fakes?

54 minutes ago, Postman4u said:

OK, I can see this is most likely fake, so how much can I sell this this for or is there any market for fakes?

These are mass produced, this one does not look like it is of great quality and I believe there is very little to no money to be made from selling it.

2 hours ago, Postman4u said:

The easiest way to find out is post it for sale as a fake and price it cheap enough and see if you get any bites...

once you get enough posts there is a for sale section in the forum.