Cretaceous fish coprolite?

Nuna

Found this at Ladonia Fossil Park.  Thought it was just a phosphate nodule but I've recently seen similar fossils labeled as fish coprolite.  ID assistance would be appreciated, thank you for your time.  

20191023_072427.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

The laminations in photos 1 and 3 look very much like the shark coprolite (or other fish with a weak spiral valve in their gut) we find on the east coast. Here, I would suspect this sort of piece would be the result of lagging or reworking at some point in the past. Some of the outer layer get removed, showing the inner portions of the coprolite with all of its intricate folds. 

• I found this Informative 3

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

2 hours ago, sharkdoctor said:

The laminations in photos 1 and 3 look very much like the shark coprolite (or other fish with a weak spiral valve in their gut) we find on the east coast. Here, I would suspect this sort of piece would be the result of lagging or reworking at some point in the past. Some of the outer layer get removed, showing the inner portions of the coprolite with all of its intricate folds. 

Thank you, that is very helpful data and I appreciate it, cheers. 

2 hours ago, sharkdoctor said:

The laminations in photos 1 and 3 look very much like the shark coprolite (or other fish with a weak spiral valve in their gut) we find on the east coast. 

Would this coprolite indicate the size of the fish or shark, even with lost layers? Is the coprolite itself average in size?

• I found this Informative 1

This gets a pretty high rating as a probably coprolite based on shape alone. Very likely a spiral form. The material looks a bit less ideal as a match but that shape is pretty strong.

5 hours ago, Carl said:

This gets a pretty high rating as a probably coprolite based on shape alone. Very likely a spiral form. The material looks a bit less ideal as a match but that shape is pretty strong.

Very interesting, thank you for your insight.