Therapod Tooth - Albertosaurus?

Dracarys

This one inch robust tooth came out of Hell Creek Montana and labeled as Albertosaurus. Does that appear correct? Can one tell the difference from other therapods in the region? Thank you in advance

IMG_3208.jpeg

IMG_3212.jpeg

IMG_3210.jpeg

IMG_3211.jpeg

Albertosaurus did not occur in the Hell Creek Formation. The only Tyrannosaurs from HC are Nanotyrannus and T-Rex. You should ask what county in Montana. Hell Creek is the formation and getting additional information about the location will help. 

Does look like a Tyrannosaur tooth to me though. 

• I found this Informative 1

Albertosaurus is only known from the Horseshoe Canyon FM of Alberta.

Are you sure about the provenance ?  Like to know the locality: county where it was found .  Color looks like Judith River.

It a Tyrannosaurid tooth.  

BTW there is no "a" in theropod. 

14 hours ago, Troodon said:

Albertosaurus is only known from the Horseshoe Canyon FM of Alberta.

Are you sure about the provenance ?  Like to know the locality: county where it was found .  Color looks like Judith River.

It a Tyrannosaurid tooth.  

BTW there is no "a" in theropod. 

So apparentlly it was obtained from the black feet Indian reservation. Is that JRF?

Good that makes more sense since the tooth did not look like anything from the Hell Creek.  Ive collected on BF tribal land and its the Two Medicine Formation, not aware of any in the JRF but could be wrong.

There are two Tyrannosaurids in that fauna an indeterminate Gorgosaurus and a Daspletosaurus.  Unfortunately you cannot distinguish small teeth between the two so its best described as "Tyrannosaurid indet.". Its an anterior dentary tooth.  The answer is basically the same if it happened to be JRF.