Cretaceous Cuttlefish Queensland

Huntlyfossils

Found this unusual fossil in cretaceous marine sediments in Richmond Central Queensland it has been ID as a Cuttlefish( Vampyromorpha sp. ) i can find very little infomation about these if anybody as anymore info that would be great.

20191026_173432.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

1 hour ago, Huntlyfossils said:

it has been ID as a Cuttlefish

Where did the ID come from.

You can put me down as dubious, at least without a closer look at some sort of texture.

Hi Rockwood it was from somone who is very experienced collecting in the area and he has seen similar ones before . Myself i was stumped didnt know what i was looking at never seen anything like it . If you have any other thoughts I would be interested . This is by far the strangest fossil i have seen. 

41 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Where did the ID come from.

You can put me down as dubious, at least without a closer look at some sort of texture.

Attached some close up of its texture.

20191026_201549.jpg

20191026_201742.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

55 minutes ago, Huntlyfossils said:

Hi Rockwood it was from somone who is very experienced collecting in the area and he has seen similar ones before . Myself i was stumped didnt know what i was looking at never seen anything like it . If you have any other thoughts I would be interested . This is by far the strangest fossil i have seen. 

It does look very interesting. Anything further is over my head though.