Fossil Fest next Weekend Nov 2&3

erose

Next weekend, November 2 & 3 the Paleontological Society of Austin will be holding our annual show. Dealers, displays, family oriented fun. Presentations by Our club and folks from the University of Texas. 

https://austinpaleo.org/fest.html

hope to see some of you there. Look me up.

Erich

• I found this Informative 2

Sorry, next weekend is opening weekend of deer season.  I plan on hunting things more modern than fossils. 

I sure wish PSA would rethink always holding the annual show on opening weekend of deer season.  Here in Texas that's quite the competition for attention.  Might as well schedule it for the Texas OU game weekend.  That's at least only 3 1/2 hours on only one day!  That's just my 2 cents worth - one more time! :default_faint:

• I found this Informative 2

2 hours ago, grandpa said:

Sorry, next weekend is opening weekend of deer season.  I plan on hunting things more modern than fossils. 

I sure wish PSA would rethink always holding the annual show on opening weekend of deer season.  Here in Texas that's quite the competition for attention.  Might as well schedule it for the Texas OU game weekend.  That's at least only 3 1/2 hours on only one day!  That's just my 2 cents worth - one more time! :default_faint:

Many more factors go in to picking the date. Availability of the hall being foremost. Good luck with the hunt.

1 hour ago, erose said:

Good luck with the hunt.

And best of luck with the show.  Wish I could be there to help out and to enjoy the show.  My deer hunting is more of a time to bond with son-in-law and grandsons as well as wife and two daughters - it's a family affair.  I myself am past my own personal hunting days, but I wouldn't trade this time with the family camping out for our annual fall get-together for very many things.

Anyone who can attend the show should.  It's a great event.

• I found this Informative 3

18 hours ago, erose said:

Next weekend, November 2 & 3 the Paleontological Society of Austin will be holding our annual show. Dealers, displays, family oriented fun. Presentations by Our club and folks from the University of Texas. 

https://austinpaleo.org/fest.html

hope to see some of you there. Look me up.

Erich

Thanks for the news. I would like to go! Will there be fossil sales? Trades?

6 hours ago, Dracarys said:

Thanks for the news. I would like to go! Will there be fossil sales? Trades?

There will be dealers, yes. Trading with them would be up to you to try. Our club will have displays and touch tables and we can attempt identifications if you bring stuff in. 

Hello,sorry its so far for me,good luck

J collecting only fossils since 30 years old,ammonites,heteromorphe ammonite,crabs,fish trilobit, sea urshins, mammals, etc...J am married . Sorry for my enghish

This is my daughter Emelia who has been our club’s show chair now for two years. I am so proud of her...

PS this is the you g woman who still finds better fossils than me more often then not.

1891F6C4-8978-43C5-8E8F-8CB69FF2FE18.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

Wish I could see some of those display cases in person...

Love the echinoid case - Never seen so many in one place!

• I found this Informative 1

2 hours ago, Wrangellian said:

Wish I could see some of those display cases in person...

Love the echinoid case - Never seen so many in one place!

That particular case belongs to our field trip leader Ed. Some fabulous specimens for sure.