Pbassham

Lauderdale/ Limestone County line

Pbassham

I’m VERY new to this but have had some luck( I think). I had them all separated but with the storms came a strong enough wind that a piece of a tree that my husband uses in his hand built smoke knocked the leg off my table and boom there they went and then had to chase my protectors to get some back. Anyway, does it make since that all the different items would be found in a very small section of my yard. The dog house is farther away. It may take a minute to up load the pics. Of course if you want to help ID any I would give you a Dixie land, “Bless You, child, Bless You!”

image.jpg

Pbassham

And another

image.jpg

Pbassham

Hopefully last one

2A924C7C-618F-4EB8-8B6A-D64F83EFD5E7.jpeg

Ludwigia

Most of these are minerals or rocks of some kind, although I believe I can see a few crinoid stems and ossicles as well. It would be easier for some of us if you could post these things separately.

Pbassham

I totally am, just had them ready to photo until the wood debacle.  I hate to say it but my husband built a beautiful smoker from scratch so it’s my responsibility to find a new place lol

image.jpg

FossilNerd

That is a nice looking smoker! Does it work as well as it looks I wonder? :drool:

I agree with @Ludwigia. I can see a few crinoid stem pieces, but most of what you have appear to be geological. A few more pictures may change my mind.

3F6E7E5F-7F23-4FDC-94BA-C35225672AE3.jpeg.f159547d214674b6b4a099fe6cfde717.jpeg

These are some very interesting pieces you have, even if they are “just rocks”. “Just rocks” can be fun too. Just ask @ynot! ;) I like the botryoidal piece in the last photo (see below). You have a good eye for fossil hunting. Get your eye trained a bit on what to look for in your area and you will be bringing more home in no time! 

48BFB250-E42B-4143-BF91-22C831E11F7D.jpeg.57e4ac7b77bcaeb51dbc8a725f944a00.jpeg