Shark tooth for ID ?

Kolya

To my newbie eyes, it looks a lot like a carcharias(?)/extinct sand tiger shark. However, after looking into it I don't see it being associated with Ukraine. Someone more knowledgeable should be along to help soon. Good luck.

21 minutes ago, Kolya said:

Any idea?

Welcome to TFF,  Hopefully the shark experts among us will be able to help..

I assume that you found this tooth in Ukraine?  What region or geology? What other shark teeth are common where you found this one?

I see a rather pronounced cusp. In my hunting area (Florida, USA) that would identify this as most likely Sand Tiger,

What is the measurement scale -- How big is it.  Any and all info may help to ID...

Jack

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

On 02.11.2019 at 11:22 PM, MrR said:

To my newbie eyes, it looks a lot like a carcharias(?)/extinct sand tiger shark. However, after looking into it I don't see it being associated with Ukraine. Someone more knowledgeable should be along to help soon. Good luck.

Thanks a lot!

On 02.11.2019 at 11:23 PM, Shellseeker said:

Welcome to TFF,  Hopefully the shark experts among us will be able to help..

I assume that you found this tooth in Ukraine?  What region or geology? What other shark teeth are common where you found this one?

I see a rather pronounced cusp. In my hunting area (Florida, USA) that would identify this as most likely Sand Tiger,

What is the measurement scale -- How big is it.  Any and all info may help to ID...

Jack

Thank You very much, Jack!
Yes, I found this tooth in Western Ukraine, Lviv region. Ont this quarry is definitely Neogene, Miocene. But I found at least one tooth of Synechodus from older period, may be Cretaceus.
Scale in mm.
Thanks once more!
Kolya

On 31/10/2019 at 11:42 AM, Kolya said:

Hello!
Help with ID,please.

Ukraine, Lviv region.

Thanks in advance!

7.JPG

Looks like sylvestrilamia teretidens or striatolamia macrota. If its frome eocene era.

18 hours ago, Joeri_R said:

Looks like sylvestrilamia teretidens or striatolamia macrota. If its frome eocene era.

Thank You very much!