Is "Richardoestesia gilmorei" the correct ID for this tooth?

Compy

Good evening,

today was THE day for me. In our city was the annual fair with fossils on offer. I was out and looking for uncommon/rare dino teeth and was lucky to find some. I know that most of the ID done by the sellers is wrong I would like to show my new aqusitions to you throughout the next days and hope for your help.

No. 1 was sold as an "Richardoestesia gilmorei" from the Hell Creek Formation, Wyoming, USA (unfortunately no county provided).

Length: 18mm

Width (base) 6mm

denticle count: Side 1: 6 per 1mm

Side 2: 7 per 1 mm, (ca. 38 per 5 mm)

I had to call it side 1 and side 2 because honestly I was not able to figure out which side is the mesial and distal side...

Thank you very much for your help!

20191102_151755 (800x600).jpg

20191102_151913 (800x600).jpg

20191102_152140 (800x600).jpg

20191102_152852 (800x260).jpg

20191102_153058 (349x800).jpg

Nice tooth but a couple of problems

If it was found in Wyoming its not Hell Creek Formation but the Lance Formation, a specific county which you do not have would resolve that 

Species ID is incorrect its a R. isosceles not R. gilmorei, two very different species.  

• I found this Informative 1

22 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Nice tooth but a couple of problems

If it was found in Wyoming its not Hell Creek Formation but the Lance Formation, a specific county which you do not have would resolve that 

Species ID is incorrect its a R. isosceles not R. gilmorei, two very different species.  

Thank you very much Troodon! To be honest I did not check whether the geologic formation exists in the state.

It seems that on the way over the great pond not only the ID but also the location of the teeth is being mixed up by the sellers (it is the second tooth I own where there is a discrepancy between formation and state of origin).

15 minutes ago, Compy said:

Thank you very much Troodon! To be honest I did not check whether the geologic formation exists in the state.

It seems that on the way over the great pond not only the ID but also the location of the teeth is being mixed up by the sellers (it is the second tooth I own where there is a discrepancy between formation and state of origin).

Unfortunately lots of reputable sellers even those in this country do not get locality/formation correct all of the time.  Good that you took the time to verify it.   That species is found in both the HC and Lance Fm..