CEMEX Brooksville Quarry trip and ID

Sacha

I had the good fortune to visit the CEMEX Brooksville mine with the Tampa Bay Fossil Club last week, where I wanted to look specifically for examples of Phymotaxis mansfieldi. I had dolomitic casts from the Santa Fe river, but that was it. I was fortunate enough to find a nice one this trip along with a very tiny one and a partial. This post, however, is looking for the ID for the rather large "clammy" bivalve which was fairly common in the Suwannee Limestone in this mine. Anyone familiar with this guy? Appreciate the time!

DSCF1691.thumb.jpg.e7c83569dff917994309bda754db9523.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

Nice finds!!  Especially the Phymotaxis. Are the others all  Eupatagus  antillarum?

Mike

2 minutes ago, minnbuckeye said:

Nice finds!!  Especially the Phymotaxis. Are the others all  Eupatagus  antillarum?

Mike

No Mike. In the Suwannee limestone the super common echinoid is Rhyncholampas gouldii

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

On 11/3/2019 at 7:12 AM, Sacha said:

This post, however, is looking for the ID for the rather large "clammy" bivalve which was fairly common in the Suwannee Limestone in this mine. Anyone familiar with this guy? 

The bivalve is a Lucinid or more specifically belongs to the family Lucinidae.  LINK

• I found this Informative 2

"A problem solved is a problem caused"--Karl Pilkington

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain

Thanks Mike. I recognize the photos aren't very good, but Roger Portell concurs and add that they could be Miltha or Lucina. Would better pictures help to get to species? I could try tomorrow with some better light.

• 4 weeks later...