Meyeria Lobster Prepped

Ruger9a

Hi,

Attached are photos of a small 5.5cm lobster I finished prepping.  The original semi-prepped lump I purchased was identified as Shrimp or Crayfish, Cretaceous Period, from England.  My research identifies it as a Meyeria Lobster from the "lobster beds" of the Greensand Formation, Fissicostatus Zone, Atherfield on the Isle of Wight, England.  Does anyone have additional or corrected information?

Left side.JPG

Right side.JPG

Top.JPG

Top2.JPG

Bottom.JPG

Eye - nose.JPG

Tail.JPG

• I found this Informative 3

From "Collections":

• I found this Informative 2

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

Oilshale, Thanks for the additional information.  At least I know I'm on the right track and it helps fill in some of the blanks.

Ludwigia, Thanks as well.  I hate to admit it, but it took me about three months to complete.  When my frustration level began to rise I would put it down and come back a few hours and sometimes days later.  I paid particular attention to the eyes.....I was amazed to see them there.

Yes, a gorgeous Meyeria magna. 

Many a happy memory of collecting these at Atherfield. 

Lovely prep job.:)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png