How to fix a broken Mosasaur tooth

Megalodoodle

I have recently had tree down in my yard and somehow the fall knocked down my only Mosasaur tooth! Thankfully, it was a clean break. Now I am left wondering how to fix it? What type of glue (preferably cheap) should I use? I got some Gorilla Glue, but I am worried what could happen if I don’t use the proper mixture. Just for my own personal curiosity, what could happen (besides the glue not holding) if the right chemical mixture isn’t used?

Just buy superglue definitely not the expanding glue. Don’t add too much glue to the break because it may keep the join apart . Good luck 

I think he had his Mosasaur, Fred, out for a walk. Fred was on leash, of course! He was coming across the yard, the tree fell over, hitting Fred a glancing blow to the head--- "POW!", and knocking out one of his teeth. He wants to save the $$$ a vet would charge to reinstall the tooth so he is going to do it himself.

• I found this Informative 1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

:popcorn: John

7 hours ago, T. nepaeolicus said:

I have recently had tree down in my yard and somehow the fall knocked down my only Mosasaur tooth!

I really try to figure out what was going on in your yard but I don't get it.

"Tree down" as in you cut down a tree and it fell on some table and knocked down your Mosasaur tooth and then it brake?

What? Any scenario I picture in my head seems ridiculous. Is my English just too bad and I don't get it? Is this some sort of a pun?

Best way is to use super glue only and not too much.

As said a small amount of super glue, from what I am reading the tree falling down outside has caused a shake in the house causing the fossil to fall.

I thought it was like chaos theory’s butterfly effect . When a tree falls in a yard some where a Mosasaur tooth will take a tumble off a shelve.   :default_rofl:

• I found this Informative 1

1 hour ago, Haravex said:

As said a small amount of super glue, from what I am reading the tree falling down outside has caused a shake in the house causing the fossil to fall.

Wow this makes sense. I could only picture the tooth outside on the yard :DOH:

When a big tree hits the ground it makes the ground shake. Most people nowadays have not experienced a tree being felled near them. It's a huge WHUMP! that will definitely wake you up if you know what I mean. The shaking will occasionally break a window without touching it.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

3 minutes ago, T. nepaeolicus said:

Sorry for the confusion. Although it was quite funny to your reactions!

all in good fun. Have you glue it?

No, not yet haven’t found the time to. I will post before and after pictures when I do, if your curious.

• I found this Informative 2

I still can't wrap my head around that. So I had to use my epic paint skills to draw the picutre I had in my mind.

Unbenannt.jpg.bb4d454456721a7f3e9a4837e317903b.jpg

You got your yard with your nice house and everything and a cool table with an even cooler Mosasaur tooth on it (I guess its a rooted one).

So the tooth chills in the sun minding its own business (for whatever reason) and all of a sudden some tree falls on the table and the tooth falls down and breaks. That was in my head and I was like "What? How on earth can this happen?"

I feel like an idiot :DOH:

put  the tree a good fireplace , sit in front, and fix the tooth with thick cyanocrylate glue.:heartylaugh:

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. Terry Pratchett ...

I was just thinking about burning that tree!

12 hours ago, jnoun11 said:

put  the tree a good fireplace , sit in front, and fix the tooth with thick cyanocrylate glue.:heartylaugh:

I’m going to try to clear everything up about the tree falling: The tree fell and almost hit the house, the force of the tree hitting the ground probably ended up knocking down my precariously placed mosasaur tooth, sending it crashing to the floor. The moral of this story: don’t store your fossils up high without securing them properly (admittedly I didn’t have proper storage). Now I have a proper display case (not very fancy mind you I bought it cheaply).

• I found this Informative 2