Champosaur or dinosaur tail?

TeresaN

Hi. I'm new here. This is being given to me. I haven't seen it, myself, yet, but the person sent me this photo. She said her dad got it from a collector almost 50 years ago in Texas, who said he got it from a local farmer. They called it a dinosaur tail. My very short internet research found possibly Champosaur? Hadrosaur seems less likely. When I get it, I can take more detailed photos to post. Opinions?

received_539093876668265.jpeg

They look much to large for Champosaur and morphology is all wrong.  Look dinosaurian possibly hadrosaurian.   Were they found in Texas or just acquired in texas?  Better photos of the better preserved ones not the whole string will help.  Need to see ALL sides of the best one, looks like 3rd from right.

• I found this Informative 1

I agree w/ Troodon, doesn't look like Champsosaur (looks too long, among other different features). I'm thinking hadrosaur caudal verts.

Echoing that these verts look like Hadrosaur vertebrae. I wonder if they're from the same animal, or if they're from multiple. I suppose to only way to know for sure would be to get that info from the person who found these, or the seller.

• 1 month later...

I got the hadrosaur (?) vertebrae! I'm uploading photos and close-ups of the third largest of the 9. The previous owner said her dad put polyurethane or something on it to "preserve or protect it", unfortunately.