CryptBHR

All My Fossils & Oddities (so far...)

Praefectus

Very nice collection. 

Tidgy's Dad

A nice start. 

You'll soon need a lot more shelving.:D

CryptBHR

Thank you both. And yes, I will! I plan on buying some nice glass display cabinets very soon, and then I can finally label things & display them properly. 

Wrangellian

Yup, this is just a start, I suspect.

I always suggest that collectors write down the location of origin (and any other pertinent info) for everything they find, and keep the label with the specimen (or do as many of us do and apply a number directly to each specimen that refers to the info you keep in a notebook). It's never too soon to start, because you can't rely on your memory after a time. I learned that the hard way.

Are those critters in resin real?

Fossildude19

Nice variety and display. :) 

I took the liberty of brightening your lower shelf photos.  

15.thumb.jpg.f4c04781273885b75bdfaf4cf011168d.jpg

16.thumb.jpg.37f37b316f8e2ce7bc48c707ff1537b9.jpg

Ruger9a

Super collection.  What animal does the claw belong to?

CryptBHR
5 hours ago, Wrangellian said:

Yup, this is just a start, I suspect.

I always suggest that collectors write down the location of origin (and any other pertinent info) for everything they find, and keep the label with the specimen (or do as many of us do and apply a number directly to each specimen that refers to the info you keep in a notebook). It's never too soon to start, because you can't rely on your memory after a time. I learned that the hard way.

Are those critters in resin real?

Yes I have started to do this, some things I can’t remember because it’s been years but a notebook has been started. I’m just waiting until I get a larger area to display the collection to start adding labels. 

Oh and yes, the animals in resin are indeed real. 

1 hour ago, Ruger9a said:

Super collection.  What animal does the claw belong to?

The big claw lookin’ thing on the bottom? That’s a bison horn. I probably won’t keep it for long because every time I move it, it flakes pieces and makes a mess but it’s kinda cool to look at. 

Wrangellian

You could douse the horn in some sort of glue... The stuff most of us use is Paraloid/Acryloid a.k.a. B72, or some similar product, dissolved in acetone. It would need to be a thin solution so it will seep into the cracks and not create a glossy finish.

Superglue might work OK too as long as you're sure you won't need to undo it. The latter is much harder to remove than the former.