0lderthandirt

So I've been collecting the rocks with obvious fossils on my property to make something, like a fossil garden or rock wall along the walkway. I plucked this out of the ground yesterday, rinsed it off and was about to toss it into the pile when I saw that trilobite. All the others I've found are just little white ones so I was very excited to see the condition of this one. If it wasn't for the obvious injury to the axial lobe I think I could've revived him.

3121BC56-299D-4617-83A8-AAE429A70AE8.jpeg

CE5B86F9-3CDB-4DC9-81B1-798BD520AE4E.jpeg

• I found this Informative 3

Will your next answer to my question be no? 

I love surprises like this. :) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Very nice find!  Pennsylvanian in age I suspect.

The only unexpected bugs I find are the Stink Bugs that are invading my house right now.  :blink: :shakehead:

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

7 hours ago, Shamalama said:

Very nice find!  Pennsylvanian in age I suspect.

My area is Mississippian. I just used my backhoe to pull up the rock that was close to this one. It's very large, I'm guessing close to a ton. It had a few fossils on the surface and quite few more that came loose about 2 feet down. I haven't had a chance to look at it all yet but I'm hoping for more trilobites. There's one more I want but it's considerably larger and more fossils on the surface. The problem is with a rock that big I have to be careful pulling it out so I don't break it. (I want it in one piece for my fossil garden) 

Will your next answer to my question be no?