markjw

Streetsville reconnaisance

markjw

I hunted in Juan Emmanuel's old haunts. Went to Streetsville just for a reconnaisance. I didn't know the best places along the Credit River.
So I went to a ball park between the river and Queen Street and just walked over to the water.

The rocks scattered on the shore were just plastered with fossils...right where people picnic and entertain their children. Admittedly, most
were of interest only to a beginner: Shell fragments, Bryozoan "wishbones", etc. Nonetheless, I had a good time and couldn't resist dragging 
some rocks home. Got a tetradium and a few nice corals, as well as other things to be identified.

15-aTetradium49.jpg

27-aStreets-haul.jpg

23-aStreets-7.jpg

24-aStreets-8.jpg

18-aStreets-4.jpg

17-aStreets-3.jpg

26-aStreets-10.jpg

04-aStreets-1.jpg

Tidgy's Dad

Nice corals. :)

FossilDAWG

Great to see that site is still productive.  Nice corals!  I collected around there in the early 1980s and found similar fossils.

Don

Mark Kmiecik

Nice corals indeed. I love finding spots where there's so many fossils that the locals just ignore them because it's the common rock of the area.

Ludwigia

Not bad at all! I'd never heard of Tetradium, so I just learned something new.

markjw

Thanks for nice comments colleagues !!

Monica

Nice stuff, Mark!  It's a good thing you went out hunting when you did, given the 15cm dumping of snow we received on Monday this week!!! :wacko:  I'm assuming you have some colonial rugose corals belonging to the species Favistina calcina (since they seem to be the most common coral found along the Credit River) - well done! :dinothumb: