A program for the older kids

fossilsonwheels

Today we did something pretty cool. We took our dinosaurs to The Inn, an assisted living facility. The science talk got deep and they were really into it. We gave them fossils and did our thing for an hour and a half ! The seniors were so much fun and pretty enjoyable for me just a few months removed from my fathers death. We got asked back to do the shark thing :) Fun way to expand our programs !!!

• I found this Informative 12

1 minute ago, doushantuo said:

Good,good,good.

:dinothumb:

Yup. This one was different and awesome 

I think that’s great, reaching out to wider audience, who also might not have the opportunity visit museums very often. It just shows that dinosaur just captivate the imagination of the young and older. :dinothumb:

• I found this Informative 1

Outstanding! 

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Nice idea!! Will have to tuck the concept back into the recesses of my mind for future use!

Mike

It’s been my personal experience that the “older kids” need, and I would say crave, mental stimulus just as much as the younger ones. 

I’m glad you were able to bring your show to them. Good job! :SlapHands:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

On 11/12/2019 at 10:54 PM, Bobby Rico said:

I think that’s great, reaching out to wider audience, who also might not have the opportunity visit museums very often. It just shows that dinosaur just captivate the imagination of the young and older. :dinothumb:

Yes they do and while the fossils were getting their attention, they were really interested in science talk. They had some fantastic questions.

On 11/13/2019 at 4:25 AM, minnbuckeye said:

Nice idea!! Will have to tuck the concept back into the recesses of my mind for future use!

Mike

Mike- it is a good idea to tuck away for sure. We plan on making this a regular part of what we do.

On 11/13/2019 at 4:29 AM, Troodon said:

Excellent, us old folks also like fossils  :D

I had not noticed your interest Frank, this comes as quite a shock lol

On 11/13/2019 at 5:00 AM, digit said:

Great to hear. Glad it was a success.

Cheers.

-Ken

Thank you Ken. It was a great experience for us.

On 11/13/2019 at 5:14 AM, FossilNerd said:

It’s been my personal experience that the “older kids” need, and I would say crave, mental stimulus just as much as the younger ones. 

I’m glad you were able to bring your show to them. Good job! :SlapHands:

Exactly. Well said.  They do need and appreciated some scientific stimulation of the mind. We will be doing more of these in the future.

• I found this Informative 2