Hi, I found this fossil in Turkey a few days ago.

yusuf_ozdamar_arte

Hi, I found this fossil in Turkey a few days ago. Its arrangement is like a mechanical object of our time. What do you think might happen? 

IMAG1627-01.jpeg

IMAG1629-01.jpeg

I know nothing about Turkey, but if it were from a US Deovinian or Silurian deposit, 'd say it was a section of a euripterid.

I refuse to give up my childish wonder at the world.

3 minutes ago, yusuf_ozdamar_arte said:

So, do you think it's more likely that it belongs to an animal?

It's possible. Euripterids were arthropods that shed their exoskeletons in segments in order to grow. The ones I've seen were very rectangular sections.

However oldest fossils found in turkey 14 million years old. you mentioned much older animals known, and he did not come across any information that found in turkey. If so, is this rare? Also thank you very much for your answer :)

Euripterids were extinct long before then, so you just eliminated that possibility. If this is a fossil, I don't know what it would be from the Miocene.

No clue, keep in mind though that Turkey has strict rules. They regard fossils abouth the same as archeological finds. I would not take anything home before doing some searching on the internet if they would approve. I bet they don’t....

Unfortunately, that's true, but that doesn't stop me from wondering. The more you wonder, the more information you bring...

I agree that this looks like a piece of carbonized wood or plant matter. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

• digit changed the title to Hi, I found this fossil in Turkey a few days ago.