Olenellus

Hello:

This is probably a shot in the dark for the forum, but isn't there a section in the Fossil Forum (a sub-forum) for the state of Texas and other fossil rich areas?  Also, The Fossil Forum seems a bit stale now.  Where are fresh discoveries for the General Discussion?  I am from Fort Worth and I have posted extensively in the past, but I can't find a category now on the Fossil Forum Table of Contents for Texas and I am not impressed with its outdated material on the front web page.  I notice on the General Discussion that topics several years old are still the main issues.  Where are fresh discoveries and where is the section for Texas, a state filled with fossil sites.  I have an incredible site right across the street from me filled with Exogyra.  I found an ammonite in the nearby park.  Why can't there be a regional or worldwide breakdown (fossils from certain states, the UK (which I belong to), Europe,  Japan, etc)?  There are much more current discoveries posted on my UK Forum.  As a Texan, I would like a special section for our state and other areas of the country and world.  For all its experts and past contributions, the Fossil Forum could do better.  That is one reason I joined the UK Forum.  It is more dynamic.  It has continuous fresh material.  The Fossil Forum needs such fresh material up front, not merely in threads to existing topics.  For example, how long has that Moroccan collection been one of the main issues?  That was six years ago!  The entire list shown in the front of General Discussion is outdated and needs fresh posts.  This forum, in general, should have categories by state and countries (for example: Texas Fossils," UK Fossils, Fossils of Europe,  Fossils of Middle East, etc). 

---- Olenellus

caldigger

For Texas, look at "Fossil Locations" topic.  Each state has its own set of threads for that particular state as well as each country.

No lack of new material from what I can see.  B)

facehugger

Can't blame you for loving Texas, but you will also learn a lot from comparing similar specimens from other locations...

Uncle Siphuncle

Here are a few fresh Texas finds.  I used to post finds more often, but these days I tend to channel my efforts more toward field time and prep than on reporting.  Just a personal preference.

Anchura.jpg

Kpg Coenholectypus hondoensis 1b Site 154 110219.jpg

Pachydiscus.jpg

jpc
9 hours ago, Uncle Siphuncle said:

Here are a few fresh Texas finds.  I used to post finds more often, but these days I tend to channel my efforts more toward field time and prep than on reporting.  Just a personal preference.

me too.  I have no TX fossils to report.  I keep thinking it is time to report on some Wyoming finds from this summer, but then I find myself in the lab or watching Jeopardy!

minnbuckeye
7 hours ago, jpc said:

watching Jeopardy!

@jpcThe finals are today!!!! James is my clear favorite and fortunately has a commanding lead. I am a believer in the conspiracy theory that he purposely lost to Emma earlier this year.

Mike

jpc
2 hours ago, minnbuckeye said:

@jpcThe finals are today!!!! James is my clear favorite and fortunately has a commanding lead. I am a believer in the conspiracy theory that he purposely lost to Emma earlier this year.

Mike

I am completely unaware of this, but I do remember that we missed a few shows and all of a sudden James was no longer there.  We were sad to miss him getting beaten.  

minnbuckeye

@jpc, in final jeopardy, James as you know, always bets it all. His son that week had complained that he missed his daddy terribly. So during final jeopardy, James had the lead but bet peanuts, allowing Emma to overtake him if she was correct on the final question. The rest is history!!!!