Winner of the 2019 Invertebrate/Plant Fossil Of The Year

:yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

A truly outstanding fossil! Congratulations!

:yay-smiley-1:

Congratulations, Tim! :) 

Excellent find! 

Very cool find. Most arachnids from the past we only see trapped in amber. This specimen is so much older and very interesting to see.

Cheers.

-Ken

Congratulations on the win and on a really special find. :yay-smiley-1:

Thanks all for the votes and congratulations! This critter getting awarded IPFOTY-2019 is a real honour. I'd also like to mention a few developments regarding this fossil. It is currently with Dr. Dunlop at the Museum für Naturkunde in Berlin for study. I can now say that the 'questionable epithet' above is wrong... The specimen is definitely not a trigonotarbid arachnid, but a true spider (Araneae) and the first known representative of this order from the Carboniferous of Germany.

• I found this Informative 12
4 minutes ago, paleoflor said:

The specimen is definitely not a trigonotarbid arachnid, but a true spider (Araneae) and the first known representative of this order from the Carboniferous of Germany.

Well done!

:thumbsu: :yay-smiley-1:

Cheers.

-Ken

Thecosmilia Trichitoma
17 minutes ago, paleoflor said:

Thanks all for the votes and congratulations! This critter getting awarded IPFOTY-2019 is real honour. I'd also like to mention a few developments regarding this fossil. It is currently with Dr. Dunlop at the Museum für Naturkunde in Berlin for study. I can now say that the 'questionable epithet' above is wrong... The specimen is definitely not a trigonotarbid arachnid, but a true spider (Araneae) and the first known representative of this order from the Carboniferous of Germany.

Congratulations! You should also get a Paleo Partner award.

31 minutes ago, paleoflor said:

Thanks all for the votes and congratulations! This critter getting awarded IPFOTY-2019 is real honour. I'd also like to mention a few developments regarding this fossil. It is currently with Dr. Dunlop at the Museum für Naturkunde in Berlin for study. I can now say that the 'questionable epithet' above is wrong... The specimen is definitely not a trigonotarbid arachnid, but a true spider (Araneae) and the first known representative of this order from the Carboniferous of Germany.

Icing on the cake

Congratulations on a wonderful find!

Congratulations, this is a wonderful find and worthy of the award and recognition.  :yay-smiley-1:

1 hour ago, paleoflor said:

Even better!

Congratulations on an excellent and important find! :yay-smiley-1: :yay-smiley-1:

Don

7 hours ago, paleoflor said:

All the more reason for hearty congratulations!

Congrats ! You need special conditions to allow a spider to fossilize !

Coco

The Amateur Paleontologist

Amazing!! Congratulations :D

Incredible find for sure, congrats!:yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:

Mike from North Queensland

Congratulations and a spectacular specimen, it is good to see that is also worthy of study and being worked on.

Mike

Fantastic find! Congratulations.:)

Absolutely phenomenal find, congrats on this amazing discovery and well-deserved award! :yay-smiley-1:

• digit unfeatured this topic