dinosaur man

I just found this on YouTube, and thought that it was something interesting to share.

• I found this Informative 6
dinosaur man

There seems to be a lot of fossils, especially dinosaur fossils lost or destroyed in wars.

2 hours ago, dinosaur man said:

There seems to be a lot of fossils, especially dinosaur fossils lost or destroyed in wars.

It’s a shame that they do get destroyed :shakehead:. A museum nearby in Bristol got bombed in a war and many important and rare specimens were lost. Some salvaged in the wreck had char marks on them.

• I found this Informative 1
Fossildude19

Topic moved to FOSSILS ON THE WEB

dinosaur man
10 hours ago, Pterygotus said:

It’s a shame that they do get destroyed :shakehead:. A museum nearby in Bristol got bombed in a war and many important and rare specimens were lost. Some salvaged in the wreck had char marks on them.

Yeah it’s a shame:(, but also another bombing that destroyed rare specimens are the first Spinosaurus, Kentrosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus specimens and the many other amazing specimens where destroyed in WW2 after allied bombing in Munich, Germany.

dinosaur man
5 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

Topic moved to FOSSILS ON THE WEB

Thank you @Fossildude19, I didn’t really know where to put it.

3 hours ago, dinosaur man said:

Yeah it’s a shame:(, but also another bombing that destroyed rare specimens are like the first Spinosaurus, Kentrosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus specimens and the many other amazing specimens where destroyed in WW2 after allied bombing in Munich, Germany.

Forgot about that one. They were extremely important specimens as well :shakehead:.

dinosaur man
1 hour ago, Pterygotus said:

Forgot about that one. They were extremely important specimens as well :shakehead:.

Yeah:shakehead: