Palaontol Z (2010) 84:323–344

Rugose corals from the upper Visean (Carboniferous)of the Jerada Massif (NE Morocco): taxonomy, biostratigraphy,facies and palaeobiogeography
Markus Aretz
@Tidgy's Dad

@TqB

pdfb.pdf

• I found this Informative 2

Thank you, a good paper. On a related note, I'll just say again that all Moroccan "Hexagonaria" that I've seen (supposecdly Devonian) are in fact Carboniferous Actinocyathus (which isn't actually in that paper - the outcrops may be just a little early there.)

• I found this Informative 2

I just read a paper on Corals from the Late Frasnian(approx.)to (approx.)Tournaisian(more or less because of my interest in Devonian event-/chemo-/sequence stratigraphy,the Hangenberg event in this case) I guess you know the name of Eddy Poty?

That interval seems to be known for homoeomorphy/parallelism(eg.:Clisiophyllum)

Tidgy's Dad

Thanks, Ben. :)

I must visit these locations sometime, they're much easier for me to get to than most of the more famous southern localities. We have a direct and quite quick train route to Oujda. 

• I found this Informative 1
4 hours ago, doushantuo said:

I just read a paper on Corals from the Late Frasnian(approx.)to (approx.)Tournaisian(more or less because of my interest in Devonian event-/chemo-/sequence stratigraphy,the Hangenberg event in this case) I guess you know the name of Eddy Poty?

That interval seems to be known for homoeomorphy/parallelism(eg.:Clisiophyllum)

Yes, Poty's prolific a helpful paper for a few Devonian ancestors of some Carboniferous corals - homeomorphy is rife anyway!