Sharks Tooth Classification

ecudiscgolf86

OK, So I've been tasked with giving a presentation on my sharks teeth & bone collections that I've found over the years. I wanted to give a good bit of background and try to alleviate many questions. I am having trouble classifying sharks teeth as a fossil. Are they a Cast? I also read about permineralization...but I don't think that's what most teeth are. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as general research had me more confused than when I started.

PS, I'm a Green Mill Run/Aurora local that spent more time in the creek than in classes while at ECU. 

i cant give you much info but in most cases of fossil teeth, it is not a cast (in some ways) as there was never a gap left for minerals to fill, instead minerals have slowly permeated the bone and slowly mineralised it to form what you find, so it is neither the original tooth nor a cast , anyone feel free to correct me, that was just my take on things:D

• I found this Informative 1

Thanks for your advice. That's sorta what I keep finding in my research. My audience will be fairly uneducated on this topic, so I don't need crazy details but wanted to fit it into one of the classifications. I may just be like, "Sharks teeth are difficult to classify" haha

Either way, thanks for your input. 

JP