This fossil was found in Nicholas County, KY. USA. I believe it is a branching fossil from Devonian strata period but not sure. I appreciate any information . Also curious if its worth anything. Thanks!

imagejpeg_1.jpg

imagejpeg_1(1).jpg

Looks like a bryozoan. Couldn't say which, though. We don't do evaluations here, but I could at least tell you that these fossils are extremely common.

• I found this Informative 1

Agreed that it is a branching bryozoan.

In terms of worth, as per the Forum rules you agreed to upon registering, we do not provide valuations. ;) 

Thomas.Dodson

Constellaria? I'm no bryozoan expert but I've seen them in guides/reports and they seem pretty distinctive.

• I found this Informative 3
1 hour ago, Thomas.Dodson said:

Constellaria? I'm no bryozoan expert but I've seen them in guides/reports and they seem pretty distinctive.

Cursory map review suggests that the county includes mostly Ordovician strata with some Silurian and Devonian as well.  But this does look a whole lot like the Ordovician Bryozoan Constellaria.  As the name suggests they are covered in a constellation of star-shaped monticules (bumps on bryozoa).

• I found this Informative 2
fifbrindacier

As for knowing its worth, it has the worth you will to give to it. I think it is worth enough to keep it in your collection because it's a nice fossil.