Hi everybody!

Hope your winter holidays are going well :)

In Italy it's difficult for the lockdown...but we hope for a better 2021! ;)

Today i'm kindly asking for help to find an article on Elopiformes fishes that i was not able to find on internet...i started to come closer with this kind of fossil while i was studying the fishes from Lebanon and now i would like to know something more about it...i think this article could be very good!

"Forey, P. L. 1973. A revision of the elopiform fishes, fossil and recent. Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History)"

Let me know and thanks for your help!

Happy New Year, TFF! :yay-smiley-1:

It's well old enough to be pre-digital. I've contacted the author on Research Gate to see if a PDF is available. Will let you know if I get a reply. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

On 31/12/2020 at 3:59 PM, digit said:

It's well old enough to be pre-digital. I've contacted the author on Research Gate to see if a PDF is available. Will let you know if I get a reply. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

Good evening, Ken!

Thanks for your help, i really appreciate it! ;)

Ok, so i will patiently wait for some news about it...

Thanks again and have a wonderful day (or night...i don't know what time is in Florida right now) :)

I have mixed results when asking for full-text papers on ResearchGate. Often, I will hear back from a request a month or more later (when people log into their ResearchGate account). This being an older paper the odds of an electronic copy are much lower but maybe it was scanned at one time and converted to an electronic form. In the meantime I'd continue searching for other possible sources--maybe someone you know who has a university library where a print copy may be archived? I'll let you know if I get a response from the author.

Elopiformes are fascinating fishes. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

LabRatKing

Ill have full access to inter library when all the Unies open back up on Monday. Should be able to track this down.

7 hours ago, digit said:

I have mixed results when asking for full-text papers on ResearchGate. Often, I will hear back from a request a month or more later (when people log into their ResearchGate account). This being an older paper the odds of an electronic copy are much lower but maybe it was scanned at one time and converted to an electronic form. In the meantime I'd continue searching for other possible sources--maybe someone you know who has a university library where a print copy may be archived? I'll let you know if I get a response from the author.

Elopiformes are fascinating fishes. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

Yes, i agree...they are very fascinating :)

Thanks, Ken!

6 hours ago, LabRatKing said:

Ill have full access to inter library when all the Unies open back up on Monday. Should be able to track this down.

Thanks, LabRatKing!

6 hours ago, piranha said:

Great Piranha! Thank you...Now i have something to read for a while :thumbsu:

You, guys, are awesome! Thanks for your support and collaboration...it is beautiful to be part of this family :)

• I found this Informative 1
11 hours ago, piranha said:

Splendid! Terrific when older research finds a second life digitally online.

Cheers.

-Ken

LabRatKing

Great find. That one was buried deep!

Digging fossils to dig fossils:zzzzscratchchin: