My quest for brachiopods :)

nala

Who want to help me ? I would be happy to offer brachiopods from France ,but also various nice Echinoids or carboniferous plants in exchange of new species  i still not have .

I must say i have 371 Mesozoic brachiopods species mostly from France,Spain,Portugal,Germany and the UK(very few from the States,Texas)

270 Palaeozoic brachiopods Species mostly from the States,Canada, Belgium,Germany and Sweden

22 Tertiary Brachiopods Species From the States(eocene Castle Hayne Formation…)Australia, Spain and Italy

All new locations and species would be great!:) It is really hard to find now! camelot1.thumb.jpg.13c2e1fd0feb0c39c39d92feeea38166.jpg  

• Enjoyed 2

I have a few available from the Morocco Pliensbachian/Torcian, but I suppose you have also from there. Those were collected by me and I know location and age, but I can't ID them. This is up to the experts :brachiopod:.

• Enjoyed 1

I have a collection of brachiopods from Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky with MANY to spare.  Ordovician through Mississippian in age. Like Ricardo, my ability to identify is marginal and I try my best. You can check out my posts as I usually do trip reports of my finds. 

Mike

• Enjoyed 1

You likely have many of these, but I've posted a pretty good selection I've what I've found here:

These do preserve with shell material locally, perhaps that is different, so let me know. I have only brachiopods locally, not a single one from further than 12 miles from here.

• Enjoyed 1

Fossils of Parks Township - ResearchCatalog | How-to Make High-Contrast Photos

6 hours ago, ricardo said:

I have a few available from the Morocco Pliensbachian/Torcian, but I suppose you have also from there. Those were collected by me and I know location and age, but I can't ID them. This is up to the experts :brachiopod:.

I have few Morocco samples without  location and age(impossible to ID)but if you have samples collected by you and you know location and age,this would be great!!

3 hours ago, minnbuckeye said:

I have a collection of brachiopods from Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky with MANY to spare.  Ordovician through Mississippian in age. Like Ricardo, my ability to identify is marginal and I try my best. You can check out my posts as I usually do trip reports of my finds. 

Mike

Thanks Mike ! i will send you the list of my US brachiopods with their locations,and look on your posts to see if i can find my Holly graal :)

WOW, you've got 663 brachiopod species and you're still looking for more? Would like to see a group photo. It must get pretty tough to find new stuff when you've got so many already - all the common ones and then some?

I wish I had some to trade, I could use more brachs (or echinoids) in my collection, but they don't occur very commonly around here, and when they do they're not well-preserved.

Hello Wrangellian ,An overview is a filing cabinet full of drawers filled with plastic bags, but each species is identified and photographed (more and more precisely with experience) before joining this cabinet.These are the pictures :)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.190650881004832&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.191403797596207&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.299259440143975&type=3

• Enjoyed 3

Wow, what a lot of work! Not just collecting but photographing. Looks good. I was able to gain a more confident ID for one of my specimens thanks to this. :default_clap2:

• I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

My new jewels :) in order of reception :)4143443-6290439.jpg.f0f75338bfa58b700a47dabdff14d376.jpg

thanks a lot cngodles

linoproductus. sp IMG_6766.thumb.JPG.ff09c894f776adfaf68f72601e2eff94.JPGIMG_6776.JPG.0f4782d620480b58cb95e98ed750fecf.JPGIMG_6802.JPG.cef5fe4bc9beb7523c7b15d3cda1a384.JPGPennsylvanian Glenshaw Group Formation Brush Creek limestone Western Pennsylvania USA

• Enjoyed 4

Thanks a lot Misha :)

Uncinulus sp.Lower Devonian Brachiopods from the Kalkberg formation in New York.USAIMG_6826.JPG.6ac1f34df6fd95fd309bf4da4bf8ebde.JPG

Howella sp Lower Devonian Brachiopods from the Kalkberg formation in New York USAIMG_6844.JPG.c72bd0a952e1d48e2198bd1c1551caed.JPG

IMG_6835.JPG.eb2ac08d2c705d8d4573a24e9003956e.JPG

Sowerbyella sp.Ordovician brachiopods from the Salona Formation in Pennsylvania USAIMG_6819.JPG.32a66d87993d44adbf0a220ca7f1a664.JPGTo id Lower Devonian Brachiopods from the Kalkberg formation in New York.

And thanks Ricardo for these very nice Tetrarhynchia tetraedra ? Pliensbachian/Toarcian Ait Athmane, Gorges du Ziz Morocco

IMG_6785.JPG

IMG_6790.JPGTo ID Pliensbachian/Toarcian Ait Athmane, Gorges du Ziz Morocco

Edited by nala
  • Enjoyed 3

6 hours ago, nala said:

And thanks Ricardo for these very nice Tetrarhynchia tetraedra ? Pliensbachian/Toarcian Ait Athmane, Gorges du Ziz Morocco

IMG_6785.JPG

IMG_6790.JPGTo ID Pliensbachian/Toarcian Ait Athmane, Gorges du Ziz Morocco

Those you know where were collected :)

And thanks you for the nice specimens :beer:

Sorry, the photo was made with phone...

gastr_toarc.jpg

Edited by ricardo
  • I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 1

Today my quest had a spectacular turn! a bunch of stunning samples were in my mail box!!thanks Mike!!

IMG_6846.thumb.JPG.d77f773fe5b84d9d1ec8a7572ad8a998.JPG

So many to add and study,Wow!!!AAAABTk14Gug0poyJJmAkppVAWTv4PrFT5PcLpHmKB3BJMeE0ROgXpmLWaoAlXRUTVmHhy5DFVfCXfvL0xvyKxe_bjsboDRa.jpg.8576c4ec7cde9e6cc921d3bf5bbd88e0.jpg

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 2

On 3/24/2021 at 1:38 AM, Wrangellian said:

Wow, there were that many that you didn't already have?? :P:fistbump:

From these sites,i didn't have anything,and there are interresting  new species to add! :)

f400392b1e573651bdf5a159f57c67e1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Today was another great day for the quest.:yay-smiley-1:a package from the Netherlands was in my mail box with a lot of stunning brachiopods from various stages of Europe,Timor and also the States:o

Thanks paleoflor:fistbump:giphy.gif.71263f236389db755eb2c1d679aa51f4.gif

• Thank You 1

Glad you like them! Thanks again for the pleasant trade. The plants are beautiful, especially the Alloiopteris (I've been to that terril several times, but never found one myself). Please keep me posted on your progress with identification!

P.S. For the brachiopods and associated fauna from Timor, Winkler Prins (2008) might be a good starting point, also because it contains some relevant references.

• Thank You 1

Searching for green in the dark grey.