Claysferry Fm

Guest solius symbiosus

Guest solius symbiosus

This outcrop is a roadcut along Tates Creek Rd in the south end of Lexington. At this location, a tongue of the Clays Ferry Fm is "sandwiched" between two tongues of the Tanglewood Mb of the Lexington Lm.

The Clays Ferry Fm is interbedded limestone and shale. Fossils include numerous fragments of the trilobite Isotelus, "othocerid" cephalopods, gastropods(Cyclonema sp.), various brachiopods, and bryzoans.

The Tanglewood Mb is a coarse grained limestone. It is sparsely fossiliferous.

post-179-1210082314_thumb.jpg

post-179-1210082337_thumb.jpg

Trilobite fragments

post-179-1210082349_thumb.jpg

Looks like a busy highway by the exposure. Some good places always seem to be where there is no place to

park or on the interstate. If a person is pulled all the way off in the grass (interstate), I have assumed that

is acceptable, ticket wise.

Guest solius symbiosus

It is a street in the city, and it is busy, but there is an emergency lane where one can park. Too, there is a side street that turns off the road at the terminus of the outcrop.

Looks like a busy highway by the exposure. Some good places always seem to be where there is no place to

park or on the interstate. If a person is pulled all the way off in the grass (interstate), I have assumed that

is acceptable, ticket wise.

Because of rules by Homeland Security; only emergency parking is allowed on an interstate freeway.

• 1 year later...

Enjoy reading your posts and looking at some of your finds from around Lexington. I live here and just started becoming interested in hunting/collecting. I posted some of my finds on Member ID. I find lots of brachiopods, bivalves, and what I suspect are coral/bryazoans though it is still hard for me to identify those.