Lee Taylor

Hit the Edisto last weekend. Did not find a LOT of teeth, but did find a GREAT spot that should produce well as time passes.

Packiing gear and getting ready for next hunt. Ready to go again. Hope to do some up river scooping and screening soon

Angys found by others

100_1279_zps5439efbc.jpg

I picked up the Angy on the right. Put my Mako next to it for comparison

100_1291_zpsdc980237.jpg

Edited by Lee Taylor
Lee Taylor

Headed out again this coming Saturday. Will get at least 2hrs of poking an digging in some choice gravel beds. May have to dig a bit because we suspect we have some others working the same sites. Hoping to come up with something good. Will post photos of "whatever" we find.

some of my "more serious" shark tooth hunting gear

100_1268_zps1ffdd361.jpg

Edited by Lee Taylor
MakoMeCrazy

Very cool Lee Taylor, Zachj and I are headed to summerville SC this weekend. We are hunting the creeks. Next time we will hunt the edisto.

Lee Taylor

Good luck there MakoMe. Hope you guys load up with some high quality specimens. The Edisto was perfect yesterday for hunting. It was low and slow. Have not looked at the gauge today

Lee Taylor

I get regular emails asking for suggestions. Here is some info I sent a requester. Thought I would post it for others that might be interested.

---------------------------------------------

I suggest you get some friends, kayaks, paddles, scoops, screens, and all obvious survival things for a day on the river.

Study maps of the Edisto river and select a public boat ramp as a site to where you will put-in. Select a public boat ramp (down river from the put-in ramp) as a site where you will get-out. Take two pick-up trucks (or cars) and place one at each boat ramp.

Don't plan on paddling up river. The river is frequently too fast for paddling up river. You won't get far.

I have been hunting between Lowndes and Mars Oldfield. As time passes I want to venture above Mars Oldfield all the way up to Colleton State Park and further. Be aware there are places on the river with NO CELL PHONE SERVICE. If you use a motor, I suggest you motor up river. If it breaks you can paddle back to where you started.

Edisto river map <<< Click here

Here is another site for searching public boat ramps

Boat ramps <<< Click here

The best time to go is when this gauge shows close to 2 feet or less

Gauge <<< Click here

Look for gravel beds and work through the gravel with a scoop/shovel and a 1/4" screen. Take a scuba mask and snorkel if you have it

• I found this Informative 1