Nebraska: An Excellent Coverage Of Paleontology And Archaeology

I purchased my copy at the Museum located at Fort Robinson, Nebraska. They have a book shop and a good variety of local interest books for sale.

I also bought a book on the Nebraska and South Dakota Fairburn Agates, that are found north of Toadstool Park on top of the Cretaceous and in the boulder and pebble deposit on the top. Believe it or not... ask anyone driving a pickup with the Department of Agriculture emblem on the door and they will point out where to go for the Fairburns! Once you are there, deviate a bit so you are not rewalking where WE started, as no Fairburns were found on our last trip.

If... you are planning to go to Nebraska, or live in Nebraska... this is an excellent issue for young, old and nearly fossilized grandparents who share an interest of what has been discovered within the State.

It is written primarily by Michael R. Voorhies, Curator of Vertebrate Paleontology, University of Nebraska. It is a "treasure of information", well written by an authority and the other authors are no less remarkable in the color illustrations and information. It sold originally for $12.95 and is available on the internet, used, for less. It is 162 pages of Nebraska.

Nebraskaland Magazine's The Cellars of Time- Paleontology and Archaeology in Nebraska, Volume 72, Number 1, January/February 1994.

If you search www.abebooks.com just type in the title The Cellars of Time. If I did not have a copy already, I would have ordered it once reading this post. And... if this does not get you off of your sofa... on page 7 is a Miocene Saber Tooth cat with one of its canines stuck in the femur of another Sabertooth cat!

post-14238-0-98024700-1395864699_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Ray Eklund

I agree with Ray.. this is a really good book.

Xiphactinus

I have that one too....one of my very favorites.

Blakfistforge

Thanks for the info on the book Ray, I am looking forward to reading it.

I ordered a new hardbound copy from the Nebraska Game & Parks website for $3.00 + 2.50 postage.

I like this book too. I found it at the Tampa Fossil Fest several years ago and think I saw it still for sale at the show last year - believe it was $10.

I purchased my copy at the Museum located at Fort Robinson, Nebraska. They have a book shop and a good variety of local interest books for sale.

I also bought a book on the Nebraska and South Dakota Fairburn Agates, that are found north of Toadstool Park on top of the Cretaceous and in the boulder and pebble deposit on the top. Believe it or not... ask anyone driving a pickup with the Department of Agriculture emblem on the door and they will point out where to go for the Fairburns! Once you are there, deviate a bit so you are not rewalking where WE started, as no Fairburns were found on our last trip.

If... you are planning to go to Nebraska, or live in Nebraska... this is an excellent issue for young, old and nearly fossilized grandparents who share an interest of what has been discovered within the State.

It is written primarily by Michael R. Voorhies, Curator of Vertebrate Paleontology, University of Nebraska. It is a "treasure of information", well written by an authority and the other authors are no less remarkable in the color illustrations and information. It sold originally for $12.95 and is available on the internet, used, for less. It is 162 pages of Nebraska.

Nebraskaland Magazine's The Cellars of Time- Paleontology and Archaeology in Nebraska, Volume 72, Number 1, January/February 1994.

If you search www.abebooks.com just type in the title The Cellars of Time. If I did not have a copy already, I would have ordered it once reading this post. And... if this does not get you off of your sofa... on page 7 is a Miocene Saber Tooth cat with one of its canines stuck in the femur of another Sabertooth cat!