Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Oh yeah!! I :wub: the dessert!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2017 at 0:45 PM, JohnJ said:

...I'll bet they are blinding from the 'right' angle...

 

:) ...I have also hiked some distance to investigate their false glitter of treasure. 

 

On 1/31/2017 at 1:10 PM, Ludwigia said:

...Looks like you found some popcorn too :)

 

:) ...rodent leftovers.

 

On 1/31/2017 at 1:24 PM, ynot said:

...I :wub: the dessert!

 

:) ...as do I...especially treats of peanut butter and chocolate. 

 

23 hours ago, JohnBrian said:

Beautiful!

 

:) ...agreed.

  • I found this Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, PFOOLEY said:

...as do I...especially treats of peanut butter and chocolate. 

Dyslexia strikes again, I could never tell which is which.:P

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ynot said:

Dyslexia strikes again, I could never tell which is which.:P

 

:D...both are fantastic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome, Mike! :wub: 

What's going on in the lower left there? Another ammo? Or gastropod?

Wicked cool, brother. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Siphuncle

Still enjoying my Puerco shelf from our long ago trade.  

  • I found this Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Boah! That's gonna be a good'un!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Uncle Siphuncle said:

Still enjoying my Puerco shelf from our long ago trade.  

Me too :)

  • I found this Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

Awesome, Mike! :wub: 

What's going on in the lower left there? Another ammo? Or gastropod?

Wicked cool, brother. 

 

Thanks, Tim. There is a mash of gastropods around the aperture...lots of Turritella and at least one representative from a different genus. 

  • I found this Informative 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovin' the photos, Mike. It's beautiful there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Siphuncle
42 minutes ago, PFOOLEY said:

 

Thanks, Tim. There is a mash of gastropods around the aperture...lots of Turritella and at least one representative from a different genus. 

I've always enjoyed that cool association.  I assume that gastropods either scavenged the ammonite living chamber or opportunistically took up residence there.  I have several cool examples of this found in Texas ammonites.

  • I found this Informative 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

As the story unfolds. Really nice find, Mike. Enjoy seeing it exposed. Reminds me of the Spathites we found together that's now sitting up on my shelf. Congratulations. Yours is definitely a winner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2017 at 6:48 AM, old bones said:

Lovin' the photos, Mike. It's beautiful there.

 

Thank you...here is a scene from this morning. :)

 

IMG_1286 Panorama (1280x371)~2.jpg

  • I found this Informative 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2017 at 9:24 PM, Jeffrey P said:

As the story unfolds. Really nice find, Mike. Enjoy seeing it exposed. Reminds me of the Spathites we found together that's now sitting up on my shelf. Congratulations. Yours is definitely a winner.

 

Thanks, Jeff...I found a large gastropod today, not too far from that gully. :)

 

IMG_1335 (912x1280).jpgIMG_1336 (913x1280).jpgIMG_1337 (914x1280).jpgIMG_1339 (916x1280).jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, is that ever well-preserved!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tragodesmoceras carlilense...

 

IMG_1351 (1026x1280).jpg

IMG_1362 (1280x1025).jpg

IMG_1356 (1280x1023).jpg

 

...a large ammonite from the C. woollgari zone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to go back and take more pictures. :)

 

Until then...

 

IMG_1282 (1280x1024)~2.jpg

 

...happy hunting.

 

-P.

  • I found this Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another collection of wonderful pictures - I like the story they tell, Mike. :)

Awesome - thanks for getting me out of the North East winter doldrums.

Regards,

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

...thanks for getting me out of the North East winter doldrums.

:fistbump:...we had some snow this morning...gone by lunch. :) 

4 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

...wonderful pictures - I like the story they tell...

Thanks Tim, they are from my favorite tale. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoa! :wub: 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...