need help identifying this tooth

Nfp325

found this tooth in summerville, sc while looking for megalodon teeth, it definitely looks like a tooth but maybe its part of a tusk or something? Im not a pro at all but i am like 90% sure that the darker spots(spots that are almost blackish) look to be part of the enamel. When i found it there was only part of it becoming unearthed but the rest popped out fairly easy but was in bottom of a creek in extremely hard clay/sand. You can see the part that has been exposed to sun, the other side I cleaned a little with a tooth brush. Would appreciate some help identifying it, thank you! 

tooth1.JPG

tooth2.JPG

tooth3.JPG

tooth4.JPG

Edited by Nfp325

When I saw the top pic I was thinking whale.  But then I saw the bottom pic and now I'm not sure. I haven't seen any that come to a point like that.  Hopefully someone with knowledge of the area will chime in.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Just some questions that may or may not help.  How long is the fossil?  Seems like whale from tip but Whale has a hollow root end like this:   Does yours? We are likely just eliminating whale as a probable ID

IMG_2913Whaleroot.thumb.jpg.d43e2be96a1788ee200ee991b0d8071c.jpgDSC00747SOCarolinaKogiopsis.thumb.JPG.fe791c2d6aca577407af182ebe61c0bb.JPG

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

it is just shy of 4" and not hollow at all it is completely solid. Im not sure if it helps but its not round, well not completely round at least, there are 3 distinct edges that go to the tip if that makes any sense to you.

Edited by Nfp325

Could it be a partial Saber tooth?

"If you choose not to decide. You still have made a choice." - Rush