Crocodile tooth?

Miocene_Mason

I recently purchased a small lot of Alligator teeth from the Miocene bone valley of Florida online, and three out of the four looked as a Alligator tooth usually looks (two sutures on each side, straight, stubby) but one looks to me like a crocodile tooth, here's some pictures can anyone tell me which one it is? It's partial which muddles an ID a little.

IMG_2990.JPG

IMG_2991.JPG

IMG_2993.JPG

IMG_2992.JPG

IMG_2994.JPG

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

From what I can see from the photos, I would venture to say crocodile; probably Thecachampsa/Gavialosuchus. This thread will hopefully help you narrow it down:

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/77199-gator-vs-crocodile-teeth-id/

• I found this Informative 1

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

3 minutes ago, Jesuslover340 said:

From what I can see from the photos, I would venture to say crocodile; probably Thecachampsa/Gavialosuchus. This thread will hopefully help you narrow it down:

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/77199-gator-vs-crocodile-teeth-id/

Thank you! I had already looked at that thread, but I wanted confirmation from those who know more then me (such as yourself).

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Just now, WhodamanHD said:

Thank you! I had already looked at that thread, but I wanted confirmation from those who know more then me (such as yourself).

I just read a lot :D

The fact it has multiple 'striations' indicates crocodile :)

• I found this Informative 1

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

12 minutes ago, Jesuslover340 said:

I just read a lot :D

The fact it has multiple 'striations' indicates crocodile :)

Thanks! Now I can put in a proper label!

Happy hunting,

Mason