Ripple marks

Bobby Rico

I have had too much time on my hands and have been looking at this forum to much. I started to see fossil every where. I found some ripples bed fossil in the Wirrel in the uk.  But can anyone see anything else hear. Thanks you for all your  great help as always. Bobby 

IMG_0720.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0723.JPG

All I see is a foliated mudstone. No fossils.

I don't see any fossils in the rock. It just seems like the whole thing is just geologic and parts were simply weathered/chipped off.

ynot ninjad me >:(

4 minutes ago, Macrophyseter said:

Sadly, I don't think ripples can be fossilized, and I don't see any fossils in the rock. It just seems like the whole thing is just geologic and parts were simply weathered/chipped off.

ynot ninjad me >:(

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripple_marks 

4 minutes ago, Macrophyseter said:

Sadly, I don't think ripples can be fossilized,

Yes they can.

Just now, ynot said:

Yes they can.

Oh, nvm. I didint know that they were called ripple marks.

I picked up 3 or 4 pieces of the rippled stone along time ago because I thought it be an nice idea to display ammonites and trilobites on. Some have better ripples on them. I don't have room for them now. So I was going put them in the garden but I spotted something that to me looks a little like a footprint. But I just imagined it . Thanks both kind regards Bobby 

big foot.jpg

I think this is more likely a mold of something resting in a trough.

Could be an inverted track, but what kind of a wader has feet shaped like this ?

2 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Oh!

Imagination.

All the greatest people have it.

• I found this Informative 1

I dont feel like making any more ids on this because I just failed to identify the term ripple mark :blink:

But I would agree that the rocks would be a great place to display ammonites in.  Maybe you could make a sort of diorama with the ripples as the flooring and some fossil ammonites in a natural position?

Triassic footprints (Chirotherium) are well known from the Wirral but I don't think you've got one there - I'm not very good at footprints though...

The lack of definition of the first digit makes it hard to tell (although I know very little of footprint).

Certainly doesnt look like a fossil of any kind and Ive seen ripple marks in rocks bigger than my truck in years past.  But good luck

RB

I think we are talking about ichnofossils and ripple marks. No fossils there, but the formers. :)

Firstly  thank you all for your help It's really appreciated. But before I add this rock to my rockery . I like to point out where  I have indicated on the new photo. The print extends out on each point to under the top layers of the rock. Just like if you have pushed a small pencil point to make an imprinted  . If that makes sense. Sorry if my posts are hard to unstand I am very  dyslexic.Thanks Bobby.

big foot 2.jpg

But it looks like 3 also extends back and sideways. What excludes those projections from the track hypothesis ?